Chapter 18 - the brown notebook

One week before the wedding.
While I was spending my days busy helping the servants to achieve the plans for our big day, Link was rather spending his days in the library, reading and taking notes probably.

One day I was visiting the library because I had promised to go check if I could find any cooking book for the chefs because they wanted to do something special. I was behind the shelves trying to reach the highest shelf to get a book that catched my attenttion. While doing that I heard somebody mumbling on the other side at the desk. As I listened it got clear to me that it was Link. Now he's talking to himself? What could be next. I was about to continue my book searching but his words got my attenttion.

"He was looking for redamancy, and she was the key. She had given him all that he ever wished for. Hope, love and trust." He mumbled to himself. I assume he was writing that down to one of his 'super secret notebooks' that he keeps locked in his office. What is remadancy? And why in the world would he be writing stuff like that down anyway? I'm a curious person, so I have to know what is this all about. I evaded the shelfs as quiet as possible. And when I reached the front of the desk and Link, I smashed my fists against the desk.

"What does redamancy mean?" I asked simply just wanting to hear the answer from Link's mouth.

He winced. "Oh, hello my Princess. What brings you here?" He asked quickly closing the small notebook and putting it into his pocket.

"I was finding cooking books, but that's not important. What does redamancy mean?!" I repeated with annoyed tune.

"Why do you want to know?" He responded slowly.

"Because I heard you say the word."

"That's it?" He laughed.

"You're testing my patience." I continued nagging.

"I'm sorry my Princess. But I just remembered I have to be somewhere right now." He gently grabbed my chin and gave me a sweet look, then he quickly walked out of the library leaving me standing there my arms crossed with that one question in mind, what does redamancy mean? I walked out of the door of the library with the books I got, and headed towards the kitchens. When I approached the chefs who nicely greeted me, I threw the books into their faces and hands and left walking forward without saying a word.

I gently knocked on a wooden door and then opened it a little. "Hello? Ganondorf? Can I come in?"

"Go ahead!" I heard him answer to me.

I opened the door fully, stepped in and then closed the door. "I need your help."

"What is it?" He asked and turned around to face me with his chair.

"Do you know where the key to Link's office is?"

"I do believe he keeps it with him all the time, if not it probably is in your room. Why so?"

"Let's just say, I have something I need from there. Can you go get it for me, so it wouldn't be so obvious that I am lurking." I laughed.

"Oh, sure your excellency." He smiled. "I'll go right away to see what I can do."

"Thank you." I smiled. As we left the room I noticed the 'paint brush' leaning on the wall. It looked like it just had been used. It was glowing and it looked like a small flame could be seen at the top of it. I shook my head. No, I must still be at shock from the guard painting. "You still keep this around?" I asked jokingly.

"Well yes, I find it to be very great looking, if you two would give me the permission, I might would want to use it as a walking wand, not to use it to make paintings of course, oh goodness no." He winced. "Even if I am a big fan of paintings and art in general, that is just cruelty to turn people into paintings. Even if they'd look like true masterpieces."

I was a bit confused but then I nodded. "I agree." Then I thought for a moment. "By my permission you can use the wand for walking, if you want. You still better ask Link though."

"Really? Oh thank you! Zelda you are so lovely!" He exulted.

I smiled.
We reached the throne room where Link was holding the so called 'important meeting where he had to be'. When we entered the room we just saw him talking to Inga, the boss of the dressmakers of the castle.
"So this is your super important meeting where you had to be right away? Huh? Leaving my questions unanswered? Just leaving me there stand all alone? Do you not have the respect to even answer me? What is your problem? Why are you acting like that? What has been with you the last days?!" I marched to him and shouted. And when I reached him I pointed my index finger towards him and gave him the angriest look I've ever given to anybody. "I should just go get my sword and teach you a lession." I growled.

Link's face turned pale. Ganondorf sprinted to me and tried to calm me down. He dragged me away from Link who was frozen. I tried to hiss at Ganondorf for taking me away from Link with unfinished business but his grip was too strong. "Princess Zelda! Please calm down!" Ganondorf tried to yell at me while I raged and smashed my fists into his arms.

He forced me to wait far away from Link while he tried to get him speak again and hopefully give the key. I stood at the doors of the throne room my arms crossed and listened while the two idiots spoke. I got a little more calm when I saw Link gave the key to Ganondorf. Ganondorf then walked towards me and whispered "I got it."

*

"I'm afraid to come near you." I heard Link's voice behind me.

"Too bad. I guess you're sleeping at the floor then." I growled while looking at the opposite direction.

"Look, Zelda, I'm sorry, I've been really really busy myself too recently. I know I have been rude and quiet but can you atleast forget your plans of beating me up with your sword?"

When I heard him say those words I couldn't help but laugh. I laughed until my stomach started to hurt. "I'll forgive."

Link tumbled to the bed. "I'm glad to hear that." He put his arm around me. "You are a wonder woman. Such power and strength. Such might."

*

When the clock hit midnight, I stood up from the bed and left the room. Without any light I could hardly see what was coming in front of me, I walked to the office room of Link and opened the door. I walked over to the desk and opened the drawer where he keeps all of his notebooks and such. The same key works for the door and the drawers. Coincidence? I think not. I took the small brown notebook that Link had been writing out and started to read it.
As I went through the pages it all got clear to me. All of Link's writings were a planning to his speech for me during our wedding. I feel utterly stupid. Link explained in his notes what redamancy means.
"A love returned in full, the act of loving the one who loves you."
Tears started to fall off my face when I read further into the notebook. Link had been writing a story of his everyday life since he met me. The story started the day we met and he threw me to jail, it told how he had felt so pity for me, he told how he could die in order to get me home safely, he told how he wanted me more than anything else.

I closed the notebook and put it back into the drawer, walked back into our room and put the key to Link's bedside table and sat next to him at the bed.

He truly is a blessing.

-------------
I just want to wish you all very happy holidays and merry christmas. I probably won't update anytime soon since i'm spending time with the fam.
Eat alot during christmas, good night Hylians!