Chapter 10 - scars

"I'm sorry about earlier, Zelda." Ganondorf said to me while leading our way through the castle in the light of a single candle.

"It's okay. I understand." I said while walking beside Ganondorf.

Ganondorf stopped and opened a door for me that was located in the middle of the hallway. "This is the same room you woke up from the last time. You can stay here as long as you need to. Link's room is located a bit further from here."

"Thank you."

"Well, I'll be going now. Sleep well." Ganondorf smiled.

"Good night to you too." I responded silently.

I watched as Ganondorf left walking to the hallway with the candle. Soon darkness fell upon the whole castle. Everyone was asleep. Everyone, but me. I don't have anything to sleep in. And I am not sleeping in my dirty tunic either. What am I going to do now? Do I dare to go to the hallways and try to find Ganondorf or someone who could give me some clothing to sleep in..? I guess I have no other choice.

I closed the door of my room and walked by Link's door. I turned left from a corner and saw faint light coming in front of me. I can't see who that is but I suppose it's a servant of some kind.

"Hey!" I tried to say without waking everyone up.

The character turned around and started to approach me.

"I'm glad you heard me." I smiled. "The thing is-"

"Shut your mouth!" The character growled.

I stopped smiling immediately.

"What are you doing in here!?" He continued to shout.

"I-I.." I started but couldn't get any words out of my mouth.

"Aren't you the same venturesome girl that I saw in the woods?!"

I took a step back.

He started to laugh maniacally.

As fear took over me I accidentally tripped to the corner of the rug and fell down. I tried to crawl away from him but he just followed taking big steps.

"You fool! I'll end you and take whats mine!" He laughed.

My face turned pale and I couldn't move. I watched as the dark character took a long blade out and raised it upwards. He's ready to slice me in half. Am I really going to die like this..? N-no.. I'll live no matter what.

He swinged his sword towards me. I quickly tried to dodge it but didn't make it in time. The sword went deep into my shoulder. I cried in pain and tried to call for help. Nobody was going to hear me.
I turned my back to him and tried to crawl away. He striked the sword into my back five times leaving deep cuts. I tried to cry for help as the maniac laughed. I was drowning into my own blood.

"Help me..! Somebody! Anybody.." I screamed as loud as I could.

"Now I'll be taking whats mine.." He laughed.

Link crashed his door open and gasped when he saw me and the dark character. In a blink of an eye the character disappeared. Link ran to me and shouted for guards and Ganondorf.

"Zelda? Zelda!" Link shouted.

Ganondorf and the guards arrived seconds later all gasping.

They said something. I couldn't hear them. All I saw, was them, and my own blood. How am I not dead? Why am I not dead? The pain is unbearable. I can't move. Link is shouting next to me and Ganondorf is panicking. Now Link holds his hand at his face and a tear fell down his cheek. What is he planning this time? Now Ganondorf holds his emotions inside and pressed his lips together. My vision is going blurry. Please, just hurry up and-