Favour

A/n: again wow people, I love you all, you all are amazing. Over 800 views and 50 votes, so I'm gonna keep this going. In two weeks I've a week off, so I'm gonna write like crazy (if I don't stumble upon a writers' block of course which would suck like really bad)

Chapter nine

~Favour~

Together with her father, sisters, and their Septa, she broke her fast. But the presence behind her made it nothing like their usual morning, Sansa was just smiling the whole time commenting in a whisper how handsome he was and Arya just stared at the man in awe. Her father had apparently agreed with the king on giving his daughter the guard. He'd talked to her before they were all seated at the table, albeit happy that the guard wasn't a Lannister it still told her not to immediately put her trust in him. He had to prove himself worthy of it, she'd told him as they walked through the hallways together, and Adian knew exactly just how he would win her trust. 

The tournament was organized in honour of the new Hand, her father. He'd probably disagreed with the council on the matter, as Liya knew that her father hated to be in the centre of attention and frankly thought it was a waste of money. Sadly for him, the King wouldn't relent, instead, Ned promised his daughters he would join them in the audience later.

Liya and her sisters finished breaking their fast and headed towards their chambers to prepare for the tournament with their Septa trailing behind them. Adian had followed further with Liya and respectably waited outside her door as she changed her dress. Sansa had come in later to do her hair, by her own request. Though soon regretted it as her younger sister only talked about her upcoming engagement to Joffrey and how handsome she claimed he was. 

"Lady Liya," Adian said to her as she appeared from her room

"Please, call me Liya," she said to him

"I can't milady the-" He eyed the maids in the hallway

"Then only when it's just the two of us, alright?" Liya asked him, trying to lose the formality's for them to be more comfortable around one another

Ser Adian gave a laugh "I did say I would try, though only if you'll call me by my own name as well"

"I will Adian," she said smiling, happy that they could at least call each other by name in private

"I have a request, if I may Liya," Adian said a bit nervously

"Of course," Liya said wondering what he wanted

"I'll be joining the tournament today and I wo-" Liya again interrupted him

"What? Why? I can't have my guard possibly killed on his first day!" She said finding it ridiculous that he would enter the tournament

"Please, let me Liya, I can prove myself to you and later on to your father that I'm capable and proof that I'm worthy of my position," Adian said begging her

Liya eyed him, not liking the idea at all, but she saw how much he wanted to demonstrate his skill to her and her father as well. Liya guessed that if he desired it that greatly she would grant him that.

"Fine, though promise me you'll be careful," She said genuinely concerned for him, knowing from the stories of old Nan that a joust could end a man's life.

"I will, though it would be my honour if you could give me your favour Liya," Adian said a little more bashful at the end, he knew this was a daring question. 

Liya didn't know what to say. She'd never seen a tournament but knew that asking a lady for her favour, which in earlier years was used as a token of luck, had formed into something of a show-off or even seen as an acceptance of courtship. Liya didn't know if she truly wanted to give her favour, if she did the entire court would see, that in their eyes, Ser Adian had gained some sort of special attention from her and Liya didn't want that.