16 - expect the unexpected

Violets POV
-
"Would you like a dance?" He asked softly.

I sigh and look at the crowd of people dancing. He raises his eyebrows and gives out his hand. I look at it hesitantly and he rolls his eyes.

"You know what- you don't have a choice." He soon says grabbing my hand and pulls me in close.

I gasp to the sudden gesture and he looks at me in the eye. "I was gonna say take your hand anyways you know." I tell him.

"Either way princess you had no choice." He grinned. I just ignore him by looking away. I can't believe he wants to actually dance, I really am upset on how he treated Cameron but honestly I can't stay mad forever.

We slowly moved along with the music. I lean in just a bit closer. His scent is so good, I don't wanna sound like a weirdo but it's the truth.

He smiles randomly. I give him a confused look. "What are you smiling at?" I questioned. Why is he smiling, I didn't say anything?

He chuckles "I know you took the phone earlier today." I quickly pause, oh no how does he know?? I nervously giggle.

"What?! Psh no?" I say trying to act like I didn't. "What are you talking about?" I add. He smiles and chuckles again.

"Why are you lying? It's okay." He suddenly tells me. My smile drops. "why you so sure I did?" I ask feeling caught.

He gives me a look as if I'm dumb. "Oh c'mon violet, I woke up and noticed it was gone." He says leaving me to feel stupid. Crap I should've been more watchful.

"Oh.." I look away blushing. I never been caught in my actions before. "Aww you're so cute when you embarrassed." He laughs.

"I'm not embarrassed." I say trying to keep a straight face. "Yeah you are." He says. "Ha ha." I fake laugh.

There was a moment in silence. I then furrow my eyebrows at a thought. "Wait.. So you're not mad?" I ask slowly. The joker cocks his head to the side with a small smile.

"Well I'm not happy with it, but I don't want to get all mad." He shrugs. I can't believe the joker isn't mad. I think he doesn't know that I called Lindsey I guess.

After a couple of minutes of dancing together he kinda pulls back but still has his hands on my back.

"We have to get in place now, I gotta go warn the henchmen." He nods letting me know. He rubs my back for a second before letting me go. I smile and he takes off.

I look around at the people, I notice to see the hundreds of people having smiles on their face. I snicker to myself knowing it's probably gonna change with fear.

When I was looking around something caught my eye. It was a man, he looked very suspicious. He had blonde hair and was holding a stick that looked like a cane almost. He was eyeing me. It was like we were having a staring contest.

He starts to slowly walk away out of my vision. That was really odd. I look at the clock on the wall to see we still have a little over five minutes till "show time". I'm gonna go to the washroom.

I make my through the people who are enjoying there time with wine and basically any other alcohol drink in here. I quickly go off trying to find the bathroom.