7. Un - Pretty

It was 3 almost time for Justin to come.
I had been going crazy all morning. He didn't message me the normal good morning, so I got a little paranoid. Instead of just buying snacks like I planned, I got gummies and ice cream, but I baked cookies and brownies. I also had take out menus ready to go. I packed all my things, and got ready to leave.

Me and Justin only hung out at my apartment, I've only seen the outside of his house, so we decided to have a movie night at his house.

I was planning on spending the night.
I wore a red blouse with black jeans and red chucks, but I packed a pair of night shorts and my old tmnt tank top in my bag.

Around 3:50, I was laying on the couch and I heard a knock on the door.

I hurried to answer it.

"Hey!" I say, happy to see his golden eyes.

"Hello Maddy, " he said, embracing me in a tight warm hug.

"I meant to text you last night, but I left my phone at work. And my floor doesn't open till 4, so that's what we are about to do."

I was relieved to find out he didn't deliberately ignore me.
I just nodded, grabbing my bags and heading out, making sure to lock my door.

When I sat down in his leather seat, my phone started vibrating violently. I picked it up, to see "Mommy" pop up. I roll my eyes as I answer it.

"Yes, mother?" I answer, as I buckle my seatbelt.

"Hey Madison! I missed talking to you." She said with so much enthusiasm. I smile.

"Mom we just talked yesterday. " I say, and Justin starts the car.

"Yea I know, I wanna see you."

"I told you I will come over on Monday and we can go out to lunch." I say, and we continue our conversation and I hang up.

My mom has been pretty lonely, since her boyfriend broke up with her.
Her and my father weren't together, and I rarely talked to him. He was childish. He once blocked me on Facebook, because I ignored his call.

"When do I get to meet your mom." Justin says.

I sigh, "Probably never... She is so weird." I say truthfully. My mom always thought I was a lesbian growing up, because I never dated. She also talked a lot. If she met Justin she would assume he was my boyfriend, and ask too many questions that I don't wanna answer.

"That's not fair. You met my family, they aren't all screwed in right."

I loved Justin's family, they were an odd bunch. I went shopping with Justin's mom and she almost ripped an old woman's arms off for a sweater. They also didn't have a filter. It was funny when we were in public.

We pulled up to a building, and I assumed it was Justin's job.
Everytime I imagined this place, I though of a motel. Cliche but, I couldn't help it.

He unbuckles his seat, and I follow pursuit.

"What are you doing?" He asks me.

"Going with you," I say, opening the door.

"No you not." He says, serious.
But I laugh at his choice of Grammer.

"If you let me come in with you, I will let you go to lunch with me and my mom on Monday" I say, quickly regretting it as I here a "okay" slip from his lips.

"Shit" I whisper. But getting out anyway.

Curiosity wins everytime.

I grab his arm, catching him by surprise, and push my glasses up.
We walk around to the front of the building, and as he pulls open the door, a blast of air hits us, and the smell of a cheeky perfume.
I shiver.

"It gets cold in here."

"I see", I say.

We enter a large reception area, it was nice, with 4 leather brown couches and a few leather chairs.

Justin goes off to the left, and there is a hallway. We walked down the long hall. It was really quiet. You would assume no one was here. Then all of the sudden I heard laughing, that's when a tall girl with unnaturally perky breast, nearly falling out of her tight purple dress. She was pale and had red hair. her chest was covered in freckles and she was talking to another girl, with brunette hair. She looked a little more casual and she had tattoos all over her neck and arms.
I heard Justin groan in aggravation.

"Justy, what a nice surprise to see you here again..." The girl with the red hair says seductively.

"Fuck off, Ginger." He said and my eyes widened and then I smiled in satisfaction. She may have been pretty once, but plastic surgery ruined her.

"You did last night, remember? " She said, winking.

"Barley" he said, causing me to laugh.
She looked at me a scowled.

"And who are you?" She hissed.

Justin wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pushing me into his side, and said "mine" and then he smiled as he saw her face turn red. Then he kissed my forehead and we walked passed her.

I had a small smile as well. Even though he was kidding, I wanted it to be real, so very much.

After he retrieved his phone from his dressing room, which he refused to let me see, we walked back to the front door.
When we turned the corner, I heard someone yell
"J.B!"
We turned, and I saw a tall lean man. He had on a wore out baseball hat and cargo shorts with a button down shirt and dirty shoes. The closer he got the more detail I Could see.
He had a few acne scars and a beauty mark on his upper lip. He also had blue eyes. He wasn't really ugly though, but he could've carried himself better.

"Hey Ryan. " Justin says giving the guy a man hug.

"What are you doing here? You got two weeks off. " He said.
Then Justin raised his phone.

"Forgot my lifeline. " He said.

They exchanged a few words before Ryan noticed me.

"Who is this shorty?" He asked.

"This is Madison." He said, hugging me into his side, once again.

Ryan's eyebrows scrunched together.

"Really?" He seemed surprised.

"Really." Justin's voice was a little flat.

"Hmph" was all he said.

Then my mood dropped.
He had no right to judge me, especially since he looked like I should be giving him a dollar.
He was crusty.

"Well I'll catch you later. " He said before turning around, retreating back into the door he came from.
Then we continued our route, out the door.

When we returned to his car, I was silent.
He started it, and we pulled out the parking lot.

"What's wrong?" He asked me. I was gonna brush it off, but I decided to be honest.

"What did he mean by that? When he said "really?"

"He was a little caught of guard I guess." He said.

"Why?" I ask.
He sighed and shrugged his shoulder, but I knew he knew.

"It's probably just seeing me with someone like you."

"Like me meaning.." ugly? Not pretty enough to be hanging out with Justin? What if that's why Justin hasn't asked me out yet? Because he doesn't like the way I dress?

"Uh Justin?"

"Hm?"

"I'm not feeling so well... Can you take me home please?" I lie.

"But it's supposed to be our movie night!" He says pouting.

"I know but-"

"If it's about what Ryan said, fuck him. He works with pornstars all day. All he sees is unnatural. He wouldn't know natural beauty if it hit him in the face with a brick."

I stayed silent, as he drove towards his home.