Marlene and The Mysterious Black Dog

Marlene Mckinnon would always see a shaggy black dog in her mind. She saw the dog in Hogsmeade a couple of times too. 

It was a bright summer's day when Marlene saw the dog for the third time. She had no idea why she always saw it, she was curious.

"Marlene, what are you looking at?" Mary asked her, making her come from her daydream. 

Marlene turned to face Mary. "Pardon?" she asked.

Emmeline bit her lip. "What were you looking at?" 

"T-the dog. It's there." She pointed at the place where she saw the dog last. The girls made a face of confusion. She looked at the place she was pointing at. The dog was gone.

"What dog, Marlene?" Lily asked calmly, following Marlene's stares.

"It-it was there. Lily, please believe me?" Marlene begged. She had no idea where the dog had gone.  Her face scrunched up.

Lily frowned at her best friend and shrugged. "But, Marlene, there's no dog."

Marlene looked as though she was close to tears. "Emmeline, you believe me, right?"

Emmeline sighed. She looked at her feet, not saying a word.

Marlene's lip quivered. "Oh Mary, please believe me?"

Guilt filled Marys stomach as it rose to her throat. "Marlene, you're just seeing things."

A tear slid from Marlene's eye. She walked away, ignoring her friends begging her to come back. 

She stormed past a bunch of boys, the Marauders as she wiped her eyes.

James looked at Sirius solemnly. "What did you do Padfoot?" he asked.

Sirius didn't answer, he shoved past Peter and Remus and ran after the Ravenclaw girl in attempt to make her feel better.

"Marlene?" he called. 

There was no reply. "Marlene! I need to tell you something!"

The girl walked out from the alley she was crying in. She wiped her eyes with her sleeve. Sirius hugged her tightly. "Don't cry," he whispered, stroking her blonde hair. "What happened?"

Marlene looked up at Sirius. "You promise you won't tell anyone?" 

"I promise," Sirius said. He smiled at her. 

Marlene looked into Sirius' eyes. "Well, I see this dog-"

Sirius smirked. He let go of Marlene. "This one?" he said before turning into the black shaggy dog Marlene had seen many times.

"Y-yeah- Wait! Sirius! That was you?" She gasped. He turned back into a human.

Sirius smirked at the girl. "Always."

--------------------------------------------------
I love these two. They're soulmates. 

I wanted to make one of these about my best friend and Marlene Mckinnon as I love the both of them like brother and sister. 

Thanks for reading.