The News

Skylar's P. O. V

I ran quickly through the halls knowing that Mary will be very displeased with me. Whenever I'm late she has this tendency to roll her eyes at me. As soon as I entered the throne room I knew she would sigh and roll her eyes but she didn't. Francis was holding her hand and kept mumbling words to her that I'm guessing are supposed to calm her. " You sent for me? " I asked politely. " Yes, there was news from Scotland ". Mary said with her voice quivering a little. " Mary what has happened? " " Mother is dead, she was visiting the village and the servants started a riot and.... " She stopped short not wanting to explain any further. " Oh, um so what are we going to do? " Francis and Mary both looked at each other for a moment than spoke. "Me and Francis are going to Scotland to try and even things out." is she crazy?! She's going to get herself killed! " I need you and Charles to watch over things while we are gone, Catherine is still in Paris with Claude so you should have no problems with her." How could she seriously be considering this? going to Scotland now? "Skylar, are you listening?" I quickly looked at Francis with anger and confusion. "How can you agree with this? She's going to get herself killed!" He looked startled by my outburst but ended up speaking. "I don't necessarily agree with it I just think that maybe I should give her a chance to fix things, and not keep her in a cage." He then smiled softly at her and she smiled, but unlike them I didn't have one hint of happiness in me. " Oh and another thing you have to tell Charles yourself." "You people are pathetic"

   After what happened in the throne room I quickly got out of the castle. I simply figured that going riding would help clear my mind from all the things happening at court. The sun started to go down and the sky blended into a beautiful swirl of pink, orange, red, and a bit of purple. As I was riding through the woods I could hear faint breathing. I kept thinking it was just an animal until I saw a horse decorated with royal armor, I quickly rode over and saw a fallen tree. Under the tree was Charles, he was covered in blood and was crying. As soon as I saw him I jumped off my horse and tried to pry him out from under the tree. "Charles are you okay? what happened?" "I was riding with my friends and then a stray arrow hit a tree not two inches away from me, everyone was startled and my horse ran into a tree." When I turned around I finally noticed that the horse had several scratches on its legs and neck. "Where are your friends now?" "They left me behind I guess they never noticed I was missing" I couldn't help but laugh, its pretty much impossible for anyone to forget that Charles is with them. Mostly because he doesn't know when to stop talking and he is extremely cocky about everything. "What?" he said still lying on the ground. "Nothing let's get you out of here." He nodded and he helped me lift the branch off of him. When we finally got him out from under the tree branch I carried him to my horse, or at least I tried. I'm pretty sure he fell a couple times while we were walking. "Are you good?" I asked him when he got on the horse all he did was nod so I got on and we headed back to the castle.

      We had been riding for about two hours now and I could barley see the castle. The ride was quite awkward neither of us said a word, the only sound you could hear was Charles wincing. I tried my best to patch it up for the time being. "So, has my brother and Mary told you about they're trip?" I stopped the horse and turned to look at him, with my eyebrows scrunched together."How did you know about that? Did they tell you?" "You know you should really keep it down in the garden, I was trying to read." I can't believe he heard me, I wonder if he was offended by all the hurtful things I was mumbling to myself. "So I'm guessing that's a yes?" "Yeah they told me when we were in the throne room." "Hmmmm". It soon started to get awkward so I started to push the horse forward.