New Boys

Skylar's P.O.V

I quickly ran out of the carriage towards the tavern. In the distance I could hear Charles calling my name. After what felt like hours I reached the tavern I sat down on the bench. Not long after I heard Charles panting in front of me. "Skylar I'm sorry I didn't mean that I was nervous I'm sorry." After he said his apology I quickly stood up and hugged him. "Don't worry I just wanted you to run, your getting a bit chubby Charles." He looked at me confused buy then smiled and started to tickle me. "Why would you do that? I was so worried I thought I actually hurt your feelings." All I did was giggle, when he heard my he started to tickle me again. "We should be heading back Mary and Francis are probably worried." He said as he helped me up.

"Skylar what happened? Why were you crying?" Francis and Mary said in unison with worried expressions. "Skylar I'm dearly sorry for my brothers rudeness, even though I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it." "I know he didn't after what happened today I truly trust him." Both Francis and Mary looked at us confused. "We'll explain when we get to the castle, shall we get going?" Charles answered. We finally reached the castle, right when me and Charles stepped out dozens of people kept saying 'congratulations' and 'good luck' just as before. "What's going on what happened last night?" Francis asked even more confused than he was before. I looked at Charles to know if we should tell them, all he did was nod and smile. "Last night at the party Charles proposed to me, he wanted to give me a choice." Mary looked at us wide eyed but Francis had a sly smile on his face. "You finally took my advice brother? I can't quite believe it." Francis was the one who gave him the idea? Well it does make sense he did the same thing for my sister. "I suppose we should get some rest all of us will discuss this further in the throne room." Francis said as he took Mary's hand and they bothh walked off. "Well that went pretty good, me and you should go riding and maybe have a picnic?" I asked Charles he simply nodded and asked the servants to prepare us food for our picnic. As we were walking down the halls two of Charles's friends stopped right in front of us. One of them had dark brown hair and brown eyes, the other one had blonde hair and green eyes. "Hey Charles." The green eyed one said. Me and Ethan were wondering if you wanted to go hunting with us this evening." Charles looked a bit overwhelmed considering we were going to go riding. "Umm sorry not today me and Skylar are going riding today maybe tomorrow?" Charles asked, after Charles gave his offer the blonde boy finally noticed me and looked a little embarrassed. "I'm so sorry your majesty where are my manners, I'm Lucas Samson and this is Ethan Castillon" I bowed my head at the both of them, they both bowed in return and walked off. When I looked back both the boys looked at me but a certain one caught my eye.

Charles's P.O.V

Me and Skylar had a beautiful evening outside, we rode and had apple tarts. After out trip we came back to the castle and I insisted that she should rest. As I was walking through the halls I saw a familiar face. "Lucas how are you what are yo-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when I saw him laying over a body covered in blood. "What happened?" "My mother we were walking to the dining room when she had a heart attack, I didn't know what to do I called for the guards but they never came." I can't belive this happened but one thing I don't understand is why there is blood. "Why is she covered in blood?" Lucas bit his lips while still sobbing, it took him a minute to gather his words. "When she was having her heart attack I didn't know what would make her feel better so I started singing, while I was singing she kept saying she couldn't take anymore." He broke down crying upon his fallen mother. "I didn't want to but I didn't want to see her suffer so I grabbed my dagger and... I I stabbed her." "It's alright Lucas I'll find some help." As if on cue I saw Ethan turning the corner. "Ethan! Friend I need you here hurry!" Ethan ran near us and kneeled next to Lucas. "I'm going to get help stay here with him." "Alright." I stood up swiftly and ran through the halls.

Skylar's P.O.V

I had finally gotten through these tunnels, I had to find my way through or I would have been stuck in my room. As I climbed out of the passage door I tripped and fell. There was blood on the floor and I'm guessing it was coming from my nose. "Owww!" I tried to get up but my dress was stuck on something. On my left I heard footsteps coming closer by the minute. The dark figure picked me up and sat me down on a bench. "Skylar are you alright? What happened?." When I looked up I saw Ethan kneeling down in front of me with a worried expression on his face. "I was walking out of the door and I tripped." "Why were you in the passage ways?" "Charles wanted me to rest he says I do too much." I silently laughed to myself I can't help but wonder how I look right now. "Well we should probably get you to the infirmary." I nodded and tried to stand up but my knees gave out and I almost fell. If it wasn't for Ethan's arm I would've hurt myself even more. "I should probably carry you there or you might get more scratches." He laughed and I giggled as well. He picked me up and started walking to the infirmary. As we approached the infirmary door Charles turned the corner and saw us. He ran faster than I've ever seen and grabbed on to me. "What happened to her?" Charles asked Ethan. "She was walking through the passage doorway and she fell, I saw her so I helped her up and carried her to the infirmary." "Well we better get her in there then." Charles opened the door and Ethan laid me on the bed. My vision became blurry and I soon fell asleep.