All hail King Charles

Skylar's P.O.V

     It has officially been four days since Mary and Francis had left. Charles and I have had a pretty smooth regency so far. There haven't been many problems except for the one rumble at the tavern in the village. Today was the celebration of Charles's successful reign for the week. It was just supposed to be for him but he continued to persuade the nobles into throwing the feast for the both of us. Speaking of Charles's persistence, he made me stay in my chambers and rest all day. He ordered the guards to not let me leave, I was quite angry at first but I ended up thanking him for making me rest. It was officially 5:00 and the party started at 5:30 so I had about 15 minutes to get dressed. When I got up from my bed I saw a package on my counter wrapped in black silk. I walked over and read the card that was attached to it.
Dear Skylar,
     I truly think you should wear this tonight at the feast. It was picked solely for you from my heart. You will look beautiful in it.
                                     Love your fiance,
                                                Charles
When I opened that box I saw a beautiful blue silk dress. That's when I remembered the first time I had felt something for him. I didn't think that he had felt the same way, but then again he has been acting very overly protective and very kind lately. Maybe my mind is just messing with me, but I still hope that he will do something that will make this less confusing.

 Maybe my mind is just messing with me, but I still hope that he will do something that will make this less confusing

       After I got dressed I put on some earnings when I heard a knock on the door. I finished putting on my last earing I opened the door to a smiling face and crystal blue eyes. "Good evening your grace." Charles said in the softest tone, he was in a dark blue suit and his hair was combed to the side but he had some hairs sticking out. "Umm.. are you ready to go?" He asked a bit shaken. " Charles are you alright? you sound a bit nervous?" "No I'm fine just a little unprepared to face all of those nobles at once." He looked at me with pleading eyes and I knew exactly what he wanted me to say. "Don't worry I'll be with you through it all, I promise your my best friend I'm here for you."

  Charles's P.O.V

        "Don't worry I'll be with you through it all, I promise your my bestfriend I'm here for you." There it is, the one thing I didn't want to hear tonight. I was just put in the friend zone by my fiance. But I still appreciated her offer. "Thank you Skylar, for everything. We then entered the throne room and all eyes fell on us, I stopped short but Skylar pulled me along. I'm not ready for tonight because tonight is the night that I have to confess my love for Skylar. The night went on pretty smoothly we had dinner, danced, and we talked all night. Over the distinct chatter you could hear a glass chiming. Everyone looked over to see Lord Narcisse standing on his chair. "I would like to make a toast to the crowned prince for his tremendous victory of having a successful regency! All hail King Charles!" Everyone cheered and clapped for me, but I didn't want them to forget who helped me through it. "Before we celebrate further I just wanted to thank my beloved Skylar for getting me through this hell of a week, I wouldn't have made it through without her." Everyone stared at me wide eyed but when I looked at Skylar she had tears in her eyes, which made me want to continue. "Tonight is the night that I face my biggest fear, this question will define my life forever." As I said this is got down on one knee in front of Skylar, and pulled a small box out of my pocket. "Skylar Stuart I know that our relationship was forged by political needs but I have always felt more which is why tonight I want to give you your own choice." I looked fully into her eyes and I could see her make a slight nod with her head. "Will you marry me?" I said it I can't believe I said it. "YES!" I quickly stood up and hugged her tightly. "Congratulations" "Good luck" I had officially done it and she actually accepted my proposal! I was filled with so much joy, and she didn't even hesitate to say her answer.