The lantern lights

Skylar's P.O.V

     I can't believe he asked me to marry him, all this time I thought he just wanted to be friends. After I said yes he quickly stood up and hugged me, I couldn't help but cry. When Charles noticed he whipped them off my face and smiled at me. "Don't cry darling everything is going to be alright." All I could manage to do is nod at him. "Too the boats" Charles yelled, everyone walked out accordingly but still let us walk out first. We both walked out with his hand over my waist. Everywhere I looked people were congratulating us and wishing us a happy engagement. When we finally got outside I was amazed at how much work the servants put into it. There were dozens of lanterns across the sky. "Charles you did this all for me?" I asked him still in awe by the decorations. "Of course I did your my future wife how could I not." We both gave eachother radiant smiles as we walked towards the boats. When we finally reached the boats Charles quickly gestured for me to go first. I simply nodded and walked onto the beautify crafted boat. After I sat down Charles ordered them to push the boat forward, then when he was done he sat down next to me. "Charles can I ask you a question?" "Yes of course, you can ask me anything you want." "Why did you ask me to marry you?" The sparks in his eyes faded after what I had said, great I said the wrong thing! Way to go Skylar now he's probably going to reconsider it. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that." "No it's alright" I then let out the breath that I had been holding in. "I asked you to marry me because I wanted to know how you felt about the engagement." "Really?" I asked shocked, most men wouldn't give a damn about how women feel. "Why would you ask me if the engagement is already set and done, what's the point in that?" Charles thought for a second, he pursed his lips and scrunched his eyebrows together. "Well my mother posed this as a question but I will, I don't want you to be forced to do something that you don't want to do." He said in a soft tone. "Thank you, for doing that I really appreciate what you did for me." We both looked at each other silently. I guess you could say that there was an awkward silence between us. After what felt like hours of silence I could feel something touching my arm. When I looked up I saw that it was Charles, as he touched my arm he started move to my cheek. I started to feel cold shivers go through my body. I then looked up at him and that's when he started to move forward. Our lips were so close that they almost touched, almost. Right as we were about to kiss a servant that we didn't even know was there walked up. "Excuse me your majesty but your brother and the queen have arrived at the docks." The servant said quickly and quite awkwardly. "Yes of course we will be there right away." Charles told the servant, he quickly bowed and left. Charles and I just looked down for awhile, we sat in silence for awhile until the boat hit the shoreline. We both got up and walked to the exit, just as before he made me go first.

Charles's P.O.V

     I can't believe I tried to kiss her and it was also interrupted by some stupid servant. Now that I think about I probably shouldn't have done it in the first place. The whole carriage ride was awkward, neither of us said a word. All I wanted to do was kiss her, but all I could manage to do was hold her hand. When my hand touched hers she looked up shocked but not long after did she grip onto my hand as well. We both smiled at eachother, then Skylar leaned in and rested her head on my shoulder. I simply smiled and kissed the top of her head. When we got to the docks Skylar was sound asleep. I didn't want to wake her she looked so peaceful. As I was admiring her beauty I heard someone clearing their throat. When I turned around I saw Francis standing there with Mary at his side. "Are we interrupting something brother?" Francis said in a joking tone. "Uh no of course not Skylar just fell asleep on the way here." I said nervously. "Are you sure that's all of it? You] were staring at my sister for quite awhile." Mary said with a smile on her face. "Well I was just um I was just" "Don't worry we understand she is quite beautiful isn't she?" My brother asked I felt a little trapped so my mouth just spat out a lie. "No she's not." When I said this I could see that Mary and Francis didn't belive me but then I felt someone elbow my side. I quickly regretted what I had said when I saw Skylar looking up at me angrily. "This whole thing was a mistake I'm leaving!" Skylar said angrily as she slammed the carriage door and  stormed off. "What did I do?"