Lonely

A. N. Hey guys. I'm sorry that I've been inactive with this story. Mentally and emotionally I haven't been in the best place. Writing has always help me sort out my feelings so lately I've been working on improving my writing. That's really all I have to say at the moment.

Charle's P.O.V

     Journal Writing 1

  It's been weeks since the last time I saw Skylar, Ethan and Lucas. In fact it's been weeks since I've left my chambers. My servants have been bringing me my meals, while my instructors come to my room to educate me. Even then, they leave halfway during the lesson due to my lack of concentration. It doesn't matter though, my mind is completly blank but somehow so full. 

    Journal Writing 2

  My mother came to see me yesterday, yelling hysterically. But much to her dismay I simply layed there and stared into space. The only thing I could hear was her complaining that I wasn't completing any of my duties, and such. She continued to yell and scream for about two minutes, but it felt like hours

Present Day

"Charles, get up now."

"I don't want to." I said simply

"Well I'm sorry to inform you, but I don't really care what you want. Now get up before I remove you from that bed myself."

When I finally opened my eyes Bash was standing above me with a pillow in his hands.

"Were you going to hit me with that?" I asked him with wide eyes. 

"Uh, yeah. Would you have preferred the bucket of water that I brought with me?" I quickly shook my head. "That's what I thought." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Okay now let's go, you have a meeting to attend to."

"About what?"

"Well if I tell you then you won't want to go. So why don't we just say that it's a surprise."

"Or you could just tell me."

"Oh no no no, I don't think so. I'm not Francis or your mother okay? I am not going to let you stay in here and loathe."

I continued to stare at him with a disapproving look on my face, but he didn't falter. I finally gave in and he smiled triumphantly. "Good now get up, get dressed and meet me in the gardens.

_______________________________________

  After I got dressed I followed Bash's instructions and started on my way to the gardens. It felt weird to be somewhere other than my bed, almost uncomfortable. I didn't feel as safe from people's glares or questions of concern. The one thing that I hated most was when people would ask me how I was doing, with sad sympathetic eyes. I mean it's not like I lost a family member or was diagnosed with some chronic disease. 

Well I guess it did kind of feel that way.

I continued to walk down the corridor, trying to dodge the servants looks of sympathy. When I made it outside the cool air hit me like a brick. It was a lot colder than I imagined it to be, I guess being locked in my room was bound to have some effect. 

"Charles! I haven't seen you in days, how are you doing little brother?"

I turn around to see Francis with a megawatt smile on his face. When he reaches me he envelopes me in a huge embrace. I don't know what it was but the longer he hugged me the harder it was for me to hold in my tears. As if he knew that I was on the brink of a breakdown he let go slowly, but not without giving me a pat on the head.