Rejection

Charles's P.O.V

  I walked down the corridor to the dining hall, when I heard laughing. Wait. I know that laugh. Skylar. Oh thank God I've been looking for her everywhere. As if on instinct I bolted trying to find her. After about a minute of running down the halls I stopped at a random room. I quietly stood in front of the door trying to look through the crease in the door. To be honest I really wish that I didn't. I soon saw Skylar and Lucas sitting on his bed laughing and having fun. He then started to tickle her and made his way on top of her. They stopped for a second staring into each other's eyes. Not a moment later Lucas attached his lips to hers. What surprised me the most was that she didn't even try to stop him. All I wanted to do was to run in there and pull him off of her, but my feet were stuck to the ground. I simply closed my eyes and started to cry silently. Then out of nowhere I heard someone screaming. That's when I noticed Skylar standing in front of me. "Charles wake up! Wake up!" She continued to scream at me until I felt something cold down my spine. "Ahhhh" I sat up abruptly in my bed soaked in cold water. "Finally I've been trying to wake you up for hours." Skylar said in relief, while placing an empty bucket on the floor. I simply sat there not saying a word, still trying to understand the nightmare that had just occurred in my head. "So are you just going to stay quite all morning?" Skylar asked me as she sat on my bed. "Oh... um sorry." I said to her looking at my fingers. "I heard you crying in your sleep." She said sounding concerned. "Oh that? Um it was just a bad dream, that's all." "What was it about?" She asked curiously moving closer to me. "I don't really want to talk about it." I said to her not wanting to talk about my dream of her. "Why not? I kind of deserve to know, it was about me after all." My head shot up in an instant to look at her. How did she know? "How did you know?" Her face then lit up and she started laughing. "So it really is about me? I was just guessing to see if you would tell me. But I didn't think that I would be right." Skylar said in amazment. Damn it. "So what happened in the dream?" She asked me finally looking serious. I stared at her wondering if I should really tell her. "Lucas." That was all I managed to get out workout bursting into tears. Then out of nowhere I felt soft lips on mine. She kissed me. Skylar actually kissed me! We then broke apart, after a moment of silence she spoke up. "I'm so sorry." That's when I noticed she was crying. "I'm sorry for everything." I picked up her chin with my fingers and looked into her eyes. "For what?" "For making you feel this way." She said as she continued to cry into my shoulder. "I shouldn't have felt that way about Lucas in the first place. You have always been there for me and yet I betrayed you in the worst way possible." So she really did have feelings for him? At first I thought it was just my jealousy that had taken over. But I guess I was wrong. "So what do we do now?" I asked her, breaking the long lived silence between us. Skylar quickly sat up straight. "Your not mad at me?" She asked me looking me straight in the eyes. "In all honesty, no I'm not. I know that I should be but I just can't seem to get there." I said to her truthfully, not sure what she was going to say. But it turns out she didn't say anything. In fact she kissed me, with what felt like all she had. This is going to be a great day. I thought as I continued to kiss her back.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

I walked through the Great Hall with a huge smile plastered on my face, due to what had happened in the morning. "Ahhhh Charles my son I've been looking everywhere for you." My mother said as she embraced me in a tight hug. "I was just getting ready in my chambers, because I woke up so late it took me longer." I said to her trying my best not to stumble over my words. She then raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Are you sure because that's not what I heard this morning." "Oh um... well it's kind of a long story." I said to her not knowing what to say. "Don't worry my son, now we can get this wedding celebration started." She said with the most enthusiasm I've ever heard. Oh great!

Skylar's P.O.V
  "What do you mean the weddings in two weeks?!" I said to Mary and Francis not knowing how to respond. "Well mother heard you and my brother and thought that you two...." Francis said trying to avoid eye contact with me. "What! That's crazy I'm only 15, why would I ever give it away that easily?" "I don't know but Catherine seems determined to have you two married." Mary said looking at me sympathetically. "I have to go speak to Charles about this." I said rushing out of their chambers. As I crossed Charles's chambers I stopped myself and instead went into my room. When I finally made it to my chambers, I saw Charles sleeping on my bed. Oh lord. I thought to myself as I walked towards my bed. Right when I sat on my bed Charles moved to wrap his arms around my waist, and lay his head on my stomach. At first I wanted to move away, but every time I tried to get up he would hold me tighter. When I realized that he wasn't going to let me go, I tried to make myself comfortable.

After about 20 minutes of playing with his hair, Charles started to stir a little. I took that as my cue, to get out from under him. As he yawned he raised his arms in the air finally releasing me. I then swiftly jumped off of the bed. "You're awake!" I said to him as I got my brush. "How long have I been asleep?" He asked me, his voice laced with sleep. "Well when I got here you were already asleep so I'm not really sure." I said to him as I brushed my hair. After moments of silence I finally spoke up. "Charles we need to talk." I said to him in a serious voice. When he looked at me, he had fear written all over his face. "I'm assuming that you've already heard about what your mother's done?" I asked him silently, he then nodded slowly. "How do you feel about it?" I asked him wanting to know how he feels about the situation. "In all honesty I'm not that angry, I actually really want us to get married." Charles said to me as he reached for my hand. "Are you sure? Don't you think that this is all happening so fast?" I asked him. "No not at all, what about you?" "Well of course I think that this is to soon! I'm not ready to get married, I'm only 15 years old. We barley had our first kiss today, but even I thought that it was too much." I said to him truthfully not knowing how he would react. "Look, all I know is that I really want to marry you. Can you please just give us a chance?" "No, I'm not ready and I'm not sure I'll ever be." I said to him as I stood up and walked out the door.

  One week later
Charles's P.O.V
   It's been a week since I last saw Skyler. To say that I was nervous would be an understatement. After what she said to me in her room last week really hurt me. I thought that she was ready to have a full relationship with me but I guess not. I may be heart broken but that doesn't mean that I'm going to lock myself in my chambers. Especially since Skylar's been out and about with all of her friends. As I was walking down the hallway, I saw Ethan and Lucas walking towards the garden. "Hey! Ethan, Lucas over here!" I said waving my hands to get their attention. "Charles, it's nice to see you my friend." Ethan said as he engulfed me in a hug. "It's nice to see you too." I said to him as we broke apart. "Hello Lucas." I said to him trying to start a conversation, but failed miserably. "I'm so sorry Charles, but I have somewhere to be and I don't want to miss them." Lucas said nervously. "Oh no that's fine. Who are you meeting with?" I asked him. "I'm going to see Skylar." He said slowly and quietly. "Oh well tell her I said hi, and that I really miss her. " "I don't think she'd want to heat that from me." He said as he walked away. "Well that was quite uncomfortable." Ethan said laughing nervously. "Yeah well haven't spoken in a while, ever since...." "It's okay I already know, Skylar doesn't just speak to him." I looked at him confused, not understanding what he just said. "Wait, you've been speaking to her for the past week and you haven't told me anything!" I said to him angrily. "She didn't want me to tell you so I didnt." He said to me trying to defend himself. "We were friends before you two were so I should come first!" As soon as those words left my lips Ethan was fuming with rage. "Well you know what SCREW YOU! I'm actually really happy that Skylar rejected you because now she can finally be with a selfless person!" He said angirly as he walked away. Leaving me alone in a fit of rage.