Chapter 10

[ Emily's POV ]

Liam races to the back of the store, holding me tightly in his arms. My heart is racing as fear courses through my veins. I haven't been this terrified in years, and that alone is horrifying. I have no clue as to how my daddy found me, for one, I thought he was in jail. Shaking my head, I clear these thoughts from my mind, not wanting to feed the evil.

"Here we go." Liam announces softly to me, as he looks up. Following his gaze, I see he's staring at a large shelf, that holds dog beds. The shelf is very tall, and the cubbies that hold the beds, are quite spacious. I know what he's thinking, before he thinks it.

"Let's go." I whisper to him, tugging on his pant leg. Nodding, he holds me tightly with one arm, and begins climbing the shelf. Shutting my eyes, I bury my head in his clothes, not wanting to see how high we are.

"Almost there." He grunts, struggling to carry me, and climb at the same time. Less than a minute later, he's able to make it to the highest shelf, and sets me in the dog bed itself, and then climbs in next to me. Scooting back so neither of us are seen to anyone below, I let out a sigh of relief, as does Liam. Glancing back at him, I see he's lying on his stomach, similar to me, and texting Louis.

"T-thank you." I whisper, keeping my voice low, as an extra precaution. He looks up at me, a smile on his face, despite the terrible situation we're currently in.

"I already told you," he begins, "I'd do anything to protect you." Grinning like a maniac, I shuffle closer to him, snuggling into his side.

"Emily?!" A man's voice shouts, and not just any man, my daddy. "Honey, where are you!?" Shutting my eyes tight, I curl into a small ball, trying my best to hold back tears.

"I've got you baby girl." Liam whispers in my ear, holding me tighter, if that's at all possible.

"Excuse me sir, have you seen this little girl?" I hear my daddy's voice from just below our hiding place.

"I haven't, why?" The employee he's speaking to responds.

"Well, a few minutes ago she went to the restroom, and she hasn't returned. I'm starting to get worried." My eyes narrow when I realize what my daddy is doing. He's acting as though he's this really nice parent, and I've gone missing. That way, people will sympathize for him, and help him find me. I can bet all the candy in the world, that he has a picture of me
with him.

"That dirty bastard." Liam hisses, realizing the plan himself.

"Follow me sir, I'll take you to my manager, and we can help you find your daughter." The employee says. Liam peeks out from the shelf,

"The coast is clear, we gotta go. I texted the boys, they're trying to get to the car without your father seeing them." Before I can reply, Liam grabs me and begins climbing down the tall shelf.

"Liam-" I gasp in fear when I begin slipping from his grip.

"Fuck!" He spits, trying to hold me better. All of a sudden, just as I think I'm about to fall to my death, Liam let's go of the shelf, and jumps to the floor. His yell of pain echoes throughout the spacious building. He managed to land on his back, so I was protected from the fall, but his face is contorted in one of complete agony.

"No!" I scream, tears leaking from my eyes.

"I'm alright baby," he gasps, his breathing heavy and uneven, "I promise."

"Emmy? Is that you?" My daddy's voice suddenly fills the air, sounding much to close. Liam's eyes grow to the size of saucers, and in a split second, he's on his feet, and tugging me as we run.

"Stop, you're hurt!!!" I whisper yell, knowing very well he's in a lot of pain.

"I'm fine Emily, my number one priority is getting you as far away from that bastard as possible." He hisses, through clenched teeth. He tugs me along through the store, dodging employees who may be looking for me.

"Liam?" Harry's voice calls out, making me nearly cry tears of joy. Whether I want to admit it or not, these boys having been nicer to me than anyone I know, and they're starting to grow on me.

"Harry!" I whisper yell, pulling free from Liam's grip, and running into Harry's open arms.

"Oh my god, you're both alright." Niall says, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Guys," Liam hisses, wasting no time, "we gotta get outta here. Emily's father is showing people a picture of her, acting as if she's lost, so they're helping look for her."

"That bastard is making it seem like we're the bad guys!" Louis cries out, glancing around nervously.

"Let's get out of here. Now." Harry announces, still hugging me tight.

"Here's the plan..." And Liam launches into a discussion with the rest of the boys, using many large words I don't completely understand.

"Emmy," Louis says, causing me to glance up and look into his eyes, "let's go." Not waiting a second more, Louis bends down, takes me into his arms, and runs.

"Louis!" Niall yells, "No! He'll see you!" But Louis completely ignores him, his focus only on getting me to safety. Clutching his shirt tightly, I bury my head in his shoulder, much too terrified to see how my fate will turn out.

AN

It's short, i know, sorry. i have all my finals soon, so i'm super busy.