Chapter 13

[ Emily's POV ]

A few hours have passed since the argument, but it feels like a few decades. No matter how much I scream or beg, they refuse to unlock the door, so I've been trapped in this lonely room all day. Groaning, I flop down onto the bed, my thoughts a tornado.

"Ughhhhhhhh." I moan, bored out of my mind. Just then, the door is unlocked and pushed open. In a panic, I bolt upright, anxious to see who's there.

"Um, hey." Its Niall. He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly, as he stands in the door way.

"H-hi." I mumble, the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. Why? I have no clue. I know it in my heart that Niall would never lay a hand on me, none of the boys would, they're not like that. But yet my brain refuses to listen to my heart, so I'm paranoid that at any moment Niall will slap me across the face.

"Look, so um, the boys and I talked it out, and we've come to the conclusion that we definitely overreacted. You were just telling us what we wanted to know, and we got angry. I'm really sorry baby. We're still getting the hang of being dads or uncles or whatever you wanna call it. J-just know, we love you very much. We always will." An enormous grin finds its way onto my face, and I jump into Niall's arms, hugging him tight.

"Thank you so much." I tell him quietly, and I can practically hear him smile.

"I'm really sorry if we scared you honey. Us lads really need to learn how to control our anger."

"It's okay." I say sincerely, making Niall beam with joy.

"We also understand why you were having a tough time trusting us." Niall adds, hugging me tightly. I give him a thumbs up and tug him off the bed.

"Lets go see the others then. I miss them already." Laughing Niall nods, and I squeal with joy, already bolting down the stairs. It's been a few hours since I last saw them, but I have missed my boys beyond belief.

"Lads!" Niall shouts, "Someone's here to see you!" The three stand from the couch and hurry over to Niall, not knowing it's me that's the supposed visitor.

"Who is i-" Louis begins but his words get caught in his throat when he sees me.

"E-Emily." Harry whispers in his disbelief, he voice wavering. Not able to stand the tension that hangs in the air any longer, I rush towards the three, tears falling from my eyes. In a flash, they have me wrapped in a tight hug, Niall joining us in a heartbeat.

"We're so sorry honey." Liam says softly, sniffling, sounding as if he's about to cry.

"I-it's okay." I reply, hugging my boys tighter than before, wanting them to know that I really do forgive them for what they did.

"My god, we don't deserve you." Niall mumbles, making me giggle.

I love them.

So much.

[ Louis' POV ]

"Baby girl," I say quietly, "I really am so sorry. What us lads did was wrong, and it won't happen again."

"I'm sure this didn't help you to trust us again." Harry mumbles sadly.

"N-no, it's okay." Emily says, a small smile on her face, "I-I know you didn't m-mean it." I hold back a sigh when I realize that her old suffering habit is coming back, most likely because she's once again afraid to be in our presence.

"So," Liam says, standing up suddenly, "who wants something to eat? I think I'm gonna make sandwiches."

"Me!" Niall and Emily shout at the exact same time, creeping me out a little.

"Its like you two are the same person." I tell them, rolling my eyes. Niall lets out a loud laugh, Emily following in his footsteps.

"I wish!" Emily says between her laughter, unable to catch her breath. Chuckling I run over to Emily, and in a swift movement pick her up, and throw her in the air. Giggles fall from her lips, as well as mine. I catch her and go to throw her again, but she suddenly grips into my wrists and her eyes grow to the size of saucers. Worry surges through my body, as I set her gently on the ground.

"Honey?" I ask softly, watching her curiously, "What's wrong?" Glancing up at me, she whimpers,

"Fl-flashback." And all of a sudden, her eyes roll into the back of head, and she falls to the floor.

"Lads!!!" I yell, panic clear in my voice. The three come running into the room,

"What's wrong?!" Harry asks, confused and afraid. Same as I.

"Emily, s-she's having a flashback." I say, my voice louder than usual. "What do we do?"

"We gotta snap her out of it." Liam speaks up, "That's what Ms. Anne said. Flashbacks for Emily are like nightmares, only they actually happened." Nodding, I begin to shake Emily and try to wake her up.

[ Emily's POV ]

As I scramble down the halls of my house, my monster of a father follows close behind me, trying to catch me.

"Get back here you bitch!" He screams, anger clear in his voice. Screaming I turn into my room, but he catches me just as I do so. His cold hand wraps around my arm, tugging me backwards.

"Daddy!" I plead, tears running down my cheeks, "Please! Lemme go!"

"You broke my beer!" He shouts directly in my face, spitting all over me.

"I didn't mean to!" I cry out, shrieking in pain as he pinches my arm, hard.

"You deserve to die." He hisses softly in my ear, suddenly grabbing me by the hips and tossing me into the air. Shouts of horror escape my lips, having never experienced being thrown by him before. My body crashes to the hard wood floor, and pain surges through me. I groan in pain, and see blood seeping onto the floor. My father scoffs as he kicks me in the side, "Weakling." He mumbles before spitting on me once more, and then walking away.

"Emily!" Suddenly, Louis' voice is heard loud and clear, and my eyes shoot open.

"Baby girl!" Niall shouts, wrapping me in a tight hug as I begin sobbing. My heart races as I realize that I just had a flashback, something that I hadn't had in a couple years.

"I'm so sorry." Louis says, his head hung in shame. It's not his fault, and I want to tell him that, but I can't even speak. I forgot how terrifying flashbacks are, and I wish I didn't have to continue experiencing them.

"What happened?" Harry asks Louis, concern in his tone.

"Emily and I were playing, and when I tossed her in the air she sorta kinda had a flashback." Louis mumbles, obviously feeling very guilty. Liam hurries over to me and joins the hug that Niall has me in,

"I'm glad you're okay sweetheart." Liam tells me quietly, smiling at me.

Am I really okay?

I don't think so.

AN,

Hope this was an okay chapter:)

-J