Chapter 11

[ Emily's POV ]

Just as Louis nears the exit doors, the sound of someone yelling at us to stop fills the air.

"He's got my baby girl!!" I hear my daddy yell, fake panic in his voice.

"LOUIS RUN!" Harry booms, making me lift my head up slightly, just so I can see what is going on. A gasp escapes my lips when I see the scene behind Louis and I. Harry, Niall, and Liam are sprinting after Louis, trying desperately to stay ahead of my daddy and the employees, who are also chasing us.

"I called the police! Stop right there!" An employee screams, but Louis only speeds up, clutching me tightly. The second we make it to the car, Louis rips the door open, and jumps in. Niall and Liam follow close behind, and Harry scrambles into the driver's seat, panicked.

"Fucking go!" Niall swears, in complete shock. Harry starts the cars engine, and just as my daddy and the employees run up to the car, he slams on the gas, and speeds out of the parking lot. As he speeds down the road, a few police cars pass us, but clearly don't know that it's us they're looking for.

"We need to get the car in the garage," Liam begins, "that way the police can't track us down."

"I'm calling the police station right now," Niall explains, "they need to know that we aren't the bad guys here!" Louis hasn't said a word since we started driving, and Harry seems to notice the same thing.

"Lou, you okay?" He asks him, causing Louis to let out a sigh.

"Sorry mates, I'm fine, just a little...scared? I don't know. I mean, we nearly lost our baby girl back that, and I just...I don't know." Louis says quietly, no humor or sarcasm in his voice for once.

"You're never g-gonna lose me." I mumble, speaking for the first time since this disaster happened.

"Oh baby..." Louis trails off, hugging me tightly as I sit in his lap.

"Emmy, are you okay?" Liam asks from his spot in the seat beside me.

"I-I'm alright." I mumble, shaking slightly. Liam sighs sadly, and lifts me up from Louis' nap, and into his own.

"You're a bad liar." He says, a small smile on his face. A giggle escapes my lip, as I nod, agreeing with him.

"Don't worry Emmy, you're safe now." Harry tells me, glancing in the rearview mirror so he can see me. I simply nod, much too tired to disagree.

"Why don't you rest a little bit?" Liam suggests, trying to help me I'm sure.

"O-okay." I whisper, my nervous stuttering habit back.

"We love you Emily. So much." Niall says quietly, causing a smile to appear on my face.

"Thank you." I whisper, then shut my eyes and fade into a world of peace and happiness.

[Liam's POV]

"I can't believe that just happened." I blurt out after a few minutes of silence.

"We almost lost her." Harry says quietly, sounding as devastated as I feel.

"We're supposed to protect her, and we practically failed." Louis mumbles, burying his head in his hands. Reaching over, I rub his back, hoping to comfort my mate.

"I feel the same way." I tell him, resting my head on his shoulder. He sighs and sends a small smile in my direction.

"Guys!" Niall yells, shocking my slightly with how loud he's being all of a sudden. "I talked with the police, and they understand. We aren't going to get in trouble! They're going to search the area for Em's dad."

"Oh thank God!" Louis gasps, breathing out a sigh of relief. At least something good happened today.

"Lads," Harry says, "now what do we do?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, unsure of what he's referring to.

"Is Emily still gonna trust us? I mean like she did before this all happened?" His question lingers in the air for quite sometime, none of us sure how to answer.

"I-I, I'm not sure." I say hesitantly, genuinely not sure as how to Emily will be when she wakes up. Glancing down, I smile at her sleeping form. No longer does she appear to be stressed or anxious. Instead, she looks peaceful and content.

The drive continues for a while, filled with nothing but the sound of the radio. Us lads are much to exhausted and conflicted to chat, so instead we sit in silence.

"Home sweet home." Harry announces, switching off the car engine.

"Finally." Niall groans, and his tone tells me he's grateful to be away from the fiasco that happened at the store. I, personally could not agree more.

"I'll get Em!" Louis announces, making me roll my eyes. That girl has got him wrapped around her finger.

AN

Yeah, this is really short and I apologize. I'm just so busy with school.

-J