19

I'm in a white room. But it's not like White. There's furniture in this room and there is a constant beep next to me. It looks like... a hospital room.

A door opens and a doctor runs in with a couple of nurses behind him. The doctors commands them and they all start doing their own job. Then he walks to me. He places a band around my arm and sticks a needle in the inside of my elbow.

"Good morning, miss Prior," he says while doing this. "I'm going to tell you what exactly is going on right now. But first we need to make sure that you're alright."

He takes some of my blood and walks out of the room.

My head pounds. I press my fingers to my temples and message them to release some of the pain. It doesn't work. I close my eyes and try not to think about anything, but that makes me think of not thinking about anything.

The doctor comes inside again. He has a folder and a pen in his hand. He looks like a real doctor.

"My name is John Williams," he says and he extends his hand for me to shake it. My hand trembles as I lift it and it feels so heavy. "It's okay. Don't strain yourself, miss Prior. Is it okay if I call you Beatrice?"

I look at him. My name is Beatrice?

I open my mouth to ask him, but the only thing that comes out of my throat is air. Frustrated I try again.

"Take it easy, Beatrice. You haven't used your voice in a very long time, it'll be all right." He smiles reassuringly. "Do you remember what happened?"

Happened... when exactly? I just shake my head.

"You got shot three years ago. Two bullets buried in you right side; one between your ribs, one just above your hip. Do you remember now?"

I frown and think.

"Maybe it'll come back later," says doctor Williams. "Anyway, everyone thought you were dead, until we wanted to cremate you. We did a last check on you and felt a pulse. It was faint and almost went unnoticed, but it was there. We brought you here and kept a close eye on you, in case you woke up or really died. We got your friends and family fake ashes, because the chance you did wake up was small, really small."

I have friends and family. I stare at a point in the distance as I try to comprehend what he's saying. There are people on this planet living with the thought of me being dead. And even though I can't really remember them, I can't see how you can do that to someone.

Something shifts in John's eyes. "You don't remember them, do you?"

My eyes fill with tears and I shake my head. I feel horrible about it.

"Don't worry," he says. "Get some sleep. I'll show you photo's of them later and give you some names. It'll come back."

+ + +

Doctor Williams comes back the next day with photos, as he promised.

"These are your parents," he says as he shows the first photo. "And this is your brother, Caleb."

Blue. Caleb was in the blue room with that girl – Tris. It's like a wave crashes over me, bringing back all the memories. Caleb is my brother. David shot me in an attempt to stop me from releasing the memory serum. I am Tris. Tobias...

"T...s," I say. I frown. Where are the other letters I wanted to say?

"What did you say?" asks the doctor.

"T...s," I try again.

He sighs and looks around him, searching something. With trembling hands and fingers I take his bundle of photos and look for the young man with dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. I find him and tap on the shoulder of John. He looks at me and I point at the photo.

"Ah, Tobias Eaton," he nods and he smiles. He stands. "Give me a second.'

He walks out of the room. I watch him go. Where is he going and what is he going do?

I take the photos again and look through them. I don't have my hands under control as much as I'd like to. Every time I want to move a photo from the front of the bundle to the back I struggle. Sometimes it completely fails. When I fail again I get frustrated and throw the photos on the bed. I cross my arms and look at the photos angry, like they going to form a nice pile if I stare long enough at them like this.

Then I hear voices coming from the hallway and the door opens.

A/N - whahahaha plot twist!
Did you expect this or was this a complete surprise? Please tell me!
Oh, and tell me your thoughts about this!

Be brave & stay alive