25

Today Christina comes. Yesterday Tobias didn't bring anyone, because the reunion with Caleb exhausted me, but today someone else will come.

I spend the whole morning trying to find something to cover my ears with when she starts screaming, but I didn't find anything.

Tobias asked doctor Williams if I can be transferred to the hospital in Millenium yesterday. It is easier for him to combine with his work, because it's closer to the Hub and his home. Doctor Williams was hesitant about it. He wanted me to be able to eat fruit yoghurt first, but that stuff is disgusting. I shook with my head so hard that it started to hurt. Eventually he gave in. We leave tomorrow.

I spend the evening learning new words. I can't pronounce the K, it always turns out as a G. I just want to be able to talk again.

According to my prediction Tobias could be here any moment now. I listen closely to the noises from outside the room, detecting voices. Not that I can comprehend what people are saying – I just know they are there.

It takes a long time before I hear dimmed voices coming from the hallway. I sit up straight and listen to find out whether I recognize the voices.

The door opens.

"Okay, Four, that's it," a female voice says. Christina.

She presses Tobias against the wall. She doesn't even notice I'm in this room as well.

"You walk around a place you hate and avoid at all costs like it's your home. You don't eat properly for three years and now you're at my door eating a donut. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong," says Tobias. "Everything is perfectly fine."

For the first time since he walked in this room he looks at me.

"Tris, maybe this is a good time to cover your ears."

"Four, you're hallucinating," says Christina.

"I'm not," he says. Christina smacks her hand to the back of his head. "Ow! What was that for?"

"I try to get this twist out of you head. Did it work?"

"If you turned around for a second, you would notice that twist never were there." Tobias grabs Christina by her shoulders and turns her around.

She looks at me in silence. But she's not just silent, she's standing still, too.

Then I say, "Hi."

And she starts screaming inhumanly loud. I turn my head away from her and plug my ears with my fingers.

"Tris!" she screams. In three steps she's next to me and she holds me so tightly I can barely breathe, but that's okay.

Quick footsteps come closer.

"What is wrong?" a breathless doctor Williams says.

"Nothing," says Tobias. "Just a... enthusiastic friend."

I start laughing. Christina doesn't seem to have noticed Tobias's remark, because she just keeps crying on my shoulder.

"Do I still have a weird twist in my head, Christina?" asks Tobias.

"Yes," she answers. "But now it is because you didn't just tell me. When can you get out of hole, Tris?"

How am I supposed to describe the words 'the day after tomorrow' without speaking? I look at Tobias, begging.

"The day after tomorrow she'll be transferred to the hospital in Millenium," he says.

"And when can you go home?"

I shake my head.

"We don't know," he says. I shake my head again. They won't understand. They won't know I don't want to think about home, because I've nowhere to go when I get out of the hospital.

"Tris," says Christina sternly. "You need to get the hell out of here, because I need to take you to the new mall in the city centre.

I look at her, sighing.

Christina will always be the girl that took me to a clothing store in the Pit on our first evening in Dauntless and bought me a dress. I'm glad that didn't change in this situation in which everything is different. The things that stay the same – Christina's love for shopping, Caleb's everlasting hunt for information, Tobias's never ending love for me – those are the thing I can hold on to, and trust and build on.

Apart from her huge cry session and the tendency to fill me in on everything that happened the last three years, Christina pretends I was never gone. That's something else I really like: not making a big deal of this but just keep going.

"Hey, I would love to stay here till tomorrow morning," says Christina after a few hours, "but I have to go before people will start asking questions."

I like that, too, but it's unexpected.

"Thank you, Christina," says Tobias, "We'll see you later."

Christina says goodbye and with a last glance over her shoulder, she leaves and I'm left with Tobias.

"Why were you shaking you head when Christina started about going home?" he asks. I just shake my head again. He frowns and thinks. "It's not logical for you to want to stay in a hospital, so it had to do with the home part, not the going part. Oh, that's right. You don't have a home."

I nod and squeeze my eyes shut to prevent the tears from falling. Shortly after I feel Tobias's arm slipping around me and he presses me against him. He doesn't say anything. He just holds me and waits for me to calm down.

Tobias's ability to keep quiet is something I really like, too.

I imagine how the letters come from all places of my brain and form a chain until they become words. Last time that worked, too.

"I," I say and I form a new word. "Love... you."

"Say that again," he says and I feel his voice rumbling in his chest, against my ear.

"I... love... you."

He kisses my neck, my cheek, my lips.

"I love you, too."

A/N - guys, this is amazing! Just yesterday night  I had around 370 reads and now it's over 400!!! Thank you so much! If I ever need to do something for you, you can DM me, you owe me

Be brave & stay alive