50

That weekend we finished the nursery, writing words on the wall in lavender and painting them over until they were invisible to anyone who didn't know they existed. I knew where the words were, and so did Tobias. Sometimes I just came into the room to trace the words Tobias had written, until they were branded onto my mind. In the middle of the wall, he had written 'IV&VI=∞', my favorite.

After a while I became too tired to work longer than half a day, so I slept after lunch in my office on an improvised bed. When we were about to go home, Tobias would come to wake me. He never complained about almost having to drag me out of the Hub.

Now I'm almost nine months pregnant, addicted to coffee and pancakes, with swollen feet and a stomach that almost makes me fall face-first to the ground due to its weight. But I don't care. I'm willing to go through it all if that means I'll hold a healthy girl in my arms soon.

Tobias has learned to deal with my pregnancy as well. He wakes me every morning with pancakes and coffee, hoping that I won't drink three cups during the rest of the day. This morning he does, too, but I shake my head. I have this feeling of excitement in the pit of my stomach.

Tobias frowns. "Is everything alright?" he asks.

I nod. "Just not hungry. And I have the feeling something's going to happen today."

"What kind of thing? A bad or a good thing?"

"Good. It's not what I felt on our wedding day, so don't worry. But I'm not hungry." I make sure to look him in the eye the whole time, so he knows I'm not lying.