Six.

"Ehhhhhh?!" Izaya took a couple steps back. He had figured that they would just go back to how they were before. He didn't think that Shizuo would refuse like that. If he wasn't his butler than what was Izaya supposed to do?

"I'm not going back into a relationship where you hide how you're feeling from me," Shizuo frowned. "I want you to tell me everything, even if you are being blackmailed not to tell me, I want you to tell me. Don't try to protect me from being hurt. I can take care of myself."

"I did not..." Izaya puffed his cheeks out and pouted. How could he accuse the ex-demon of doing such a thing? "If you won't be my butler, what are you going to be?"

"You're husband."

"M-my h-h-husband?" Izaya stared at Shizuo dumbfounded. The ex-demon never considered marriage before. He thought it was a stupid idea created by religious institutions. Shizuo wasn't going to back down on this that much was clear. But they were both males! How were they going to get married?

"I have no intention of allowing you to get rid of me and I will certainly never allow anyone to steal you from me," Shizuo stepped forward, with each step Izaya took one back until he tripped forgot the bed was there and fell onto it. Shizuo fell down on top of him, pinning him to the sheets. "I want to be with you every possible moment of every day regardless of whether you are sick or healthy. Till death does us part again, no, even if you were to die before me again I would not allow you to have an affair in the afterlife..."

"I-I don't know what to say..." Izaya turned his head avoiding looking at Shizuo in the eyes. What was he supposed to say to such a passionate proposal?

"Say 'yes'" Shizuo grabbed Izaya's chin and forced him to look the blonde in the eyes. He wanted him to know how much this meant to him. He wanted him to know how much he meant to him. They had spent too much time avoiding each other in the other world and in this one. Part of that was because Shizuo knew the other Izaya was physically frail and part of that was because Shizuo wasn't confident enough in himself.

But this was their second chance at making it work.

And Shizuo was determined to make up for lost time.

"S-Shizu-chan," Izaya muttered. He did want to be with Shizuo but he didn't know if he wanted to be married to Shizuo. If there was one thing Izaya hated the most, it was ties to another human. He was used to being on his pedestal loving all humans equally...not giving any one human more attention than the next but Shizuo was different. Alois was different too but Shizuo was not the same as Alois and never would be.

"Izaya?" Shizuo was getting impatient with the lack of an answer. Was Izaya going to accept or wasn't he?

"At least ask me properly..." Izaya pouted. If he was going to accept he wanted Shizuo to ask him the right way. The blonde rolled his eyes but complied nonetheless.

"Izaya Orihara, will you marry me?" Shizuo asked.

Izaya nodded, "Yes, I will marry you." Shizuo smiled and leaned in to kiss Izaya. He stopped and glared when he noticed the small cut on Izaya's lip left behind from Alois kissing him earlier.

"What is that?" Shizuo ran his finger over Izaya's lip. It wasn't a very big cut but it annoyed Shizuo for some reason. Izaya didn't want to explain what had happened earlier, especially since he knew how Shizuo felt about Alois, but Shizuo had just said not to hide anything from him so...

"You remember Ally-chan, don't you?" Izaya laughed nervously. "He is kind of the one who raised me...and he has a tendency to molest..."

Shizuo was clearly agitated by that response. Izaya was his, not Alois's. He had no right to touch him.