4. The Revelation

Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.
-- George R.R. Martin

Sullivan estate, Newyork.

"The Don and the other high Boss's are in a very important meeting Mr.O'brien. We've been instructed to not permit entry to anyone inside the office", said one of the security guard standing outside the corridor which led to Don Sean Sullivan's office.

"Go and inform the Don that Daniel O'brien has come with the important files he asked for. I'm sure he will understand what I mean by that", the man named Daniel replied.

A look of nervousness and fear crossed the guard's face at the prospect of disturbing the Don and his sons in the middle of their meeting.

"He ordered me to be present with the files at my earliest. He will be unhappy with any delays", Daniel insisted when  the guards made no move.

The two guards exchanged brief looks with each other, communicating silently. After what felt like years to Daniel but in fact were a few seconds, one of the guard turned around and marched down the restricted corridor where the Don's office was located.

Even though on the outside Daniel didn't seem nervous, on the inside he couldn't help but dread the impending conversation that would follow once he entered the office.

It had taken him almost two months to get the information that the Don had asked him for. The file in his hand was weighing him down by what seemed like a tonne. The Don had not been very specific about what he needed exactly, so Daniel had dug deeper to get the information that would satisfy him.

And how he wished.......how he wished, that he wasn't the one choosen for this work!

Although Daniel was greatly fearing the reaction of the Don to the news, he wanted to get this meeting over with and hand over the file to the Don safely. The information within it was too sensitive and potentially destructive if it fell in the wrong hands.

Daniel was jolted out of his thoughts when the guard walked upto him. "You can go in Mr.O'brien", he said.

Daniel nodded and stepped forward as  the guard whispered a cautionary message to him ,"All the best sir, Master Patrick does not seem to be in a good mood."

Gulping a little nervously, he nodded his head in acknowledgment and walked down the corridor towards the single door present at the very end of it which was being guarded by another two guards carrying heavy weapons.

Daniel ignored them as he pushed the heavy doors open to step in what could very well be his doom!

Closing the door behind him, Daniel turned around and his eyes fell on the three intimidating figures  present inside the office.

The Irish Don was seated at the head of the table, his younger Logan Sullivan son sitting on his left while his eldest son Patrick Sullivan was leaning against the large glass window, a scowl on his face.

"Ahh Daniel finally you're here. What took you so long?", the Don asked in what Daniel guessed was supposed to sound pleasant but came out as hard and impatient.

"Apologies sir, but the Romero's have tightened their security even more in the past few months. As it is, it was difficult to infiltrate their organization before and now with the new arrangements it has become next to impossible", Daniel replied back, bowing his head in greeting.