35. The Dancing Warrior

Dedicated to donuts3001 for always being so patient and understanding Readers like you are EXTREMELY rare!!! ❤ ❤ ❤

Thanks alot to fatima_sk1 for this beautiful banner! I absolutely adore it!

Not edited! Please excuse any grammatical errors.

*****
Sullivan Estate, New York.

"Where did Valerio go?"

"He said he had some business at one of the ports owned by his family", Caden replied smoothly.

Allister narrowed his eyes. "What kind of business?"

"I wouldn't know now, would I?", Caden shrugged noncommittally. "No one does until Valerio wants them to know! You know how he is."

"Why do I think that it is related to Amara?", Allister muttered.

"Why would it be?",Caden asked rhetorically, leaning back against the balcony railing. He wouldn't admit but it was a thought that was at the forefront of his mind too.

Allister's didn't answer immediately, his eyes sweeping over the Sullivan Estate grounds, a contemplative expression on his face.

"Have you seen Valerio interact with her?",he finally asked.

Caden's eyebrows furrowed in thought. "Just once at the party and at the dinner the other night. Why?"

Allister scoffed. "You should spend a little less time with your girlfriend then. Maybe then you'd realise what is happening in our sister's life."

Caden's face became stone cold. "Don't even go there Romero", he warned. "I care about Amara as much as you do."

"Do you?!", Allister muttered coolly.

Caden's eyes darkened. "Don't make me forget the basic principle of guest rites. My mother will be very cross with me if I do!"

Allister snorted.

"Get to the point now", Caden snapped impatiently.

"He is different with her", Allister  answered, "unlike anything I could've ever expected from him. Unlike anything I have ever seen in my life. Whenever he looks at her...", he sighed heavily, a faraway look in his eyes. "It's like she is the reason why he even breaths."

Caden raised his eyebrows, highly amused. "That was very poetic. Are you taking lessons on literature in your spare time?", he mocked.

"This is not funny!", Allister snapped. "Valerio has loved her for far too long. He is...", he stopped, searching for a suitable word, "desperate for her affections. Starved almost!"

The humor on Caden's face dissappeared at once. "What are you insinuating?"

"Nothing!", he shrugged. "I just have a feeling that something major is going to happen during our time here."

"You're thinking too much about it", Caden muttered. "Valerio probably just got annoyed with the time we lost in that useless interrogation room. That man knew nothing of importance."

"It was a waste", Allister agreed.

The two boys fell quite, each lost in their own thoughts.

"Father told me last night that we would be going to Chicago earlier than what was planned", Caden broke the silence.

"Yes, I heard something similar as well. How early though?"