Chapter 3

The next morning, you woke up in a much better mood. You didn't have anyone beating up your friends or calling your names and kicking you around like a rag-doll. As you sat up in your bed, you looked over at the single window. Beams of sunlight hit the ground in random clusters, a few shinning off your well-polished boots and nearly blinding you. You swung your legs over the edge of your bed and commanded your body to stand. You walked to your bathroom and instantly picked up your toothbrush, routinely brushing your teeth. Shortly after, you washed your face of any unwanted muck and pillow oil.

You walked back into your room and opened your sliding closet door to the left, revealing the only article of clothing you'll ever wear for the rest of your military days. You slipped on your white blouse casually, next, pulling up your white pants. You hated the fact that your pants were white, seeing as women tend to have their monthly problems. But, you dealt with it as you tucked your shirt in comfortably. Once your main clothing was on, you attached every single one of your belts, not that you'd need them for today, but you were always the type to "play it safe". Once you were all strapped up, you snugged your foot into each boot. Lastly, and your most favorite part of getting dressed, you took down your brown jacket from its hanger. You may only be a Trainee, but you sure as hell loved the thought of being able to be of some help to Humanity on the battlefield one day. Today, you had your hair pinned up in a messy bun, since you knew you were going to be doing a lot of activity.

You exited your personal quarters and were ready to head straight for the training field. But you were stopped by Eren at your front door.

"Oh! Good morning Eren", you greeted with a smile.

He smiled back, a little happier than when you saw it yesterday.

"Good morning to you as well, __________. Care to walk with me?" He asked as he held a hand out to you.

His hand, you could tell, was shaking. You didn't know what from, but you took it anyways. 'There's something wrong with this picture', you thought.

As you two walked side by side, you could feel eyes watch you two as you passed by other trainees. You shifted your eyes around, but didn't meet anyones gaze. You looked over at Eren, who had a slight smile on his face. It slightly creeped you out, seeing as you two hadn't said a word since you left your cabin.

"Uhm…E-Eren~…", you croaked out, "W-Why are all these people staring at us…"?

He looked around as if he hadn't noticed.

"Oh! They are staring. Hm…", he stated.

How the hell did you not notice!? You were staring straight ahead the entire time! You let out a sigh and refused to look up from the ground until you made it to the field.

You and Eren met up with Mikasa, Sasha, and Connie once you both arrived at your destination. The only person you didn't see yet this morning was Armin. You found it unusual that he was late. He'd never been late for anything. You became worried for him after a few more minutes passed. You started to wonder if what you said last night genuinely hurt his feelings. 

"Alright you belly-scratching parasites! Line up!" 

You scanned the area one last time for any sight of your friend, but you could see nothing. You hurried to a spot in line and stood up as straight as you possibly could.

Today, every trainee was to practice their hand-to-hand combat. Although it may deem useless against the Titans, stamina and a quick mind was essential in fighting, no matter whom the enemy may be. You waited patiently for your name to be called.

"________ _____________!You will be paired with Annie Leonhart!"

I'm sorry. Who the hell is that, exactly?