Chapter 10

You didn't spend much time trying to pamper yourself up. You weren't the type of girl to wear make-up on a day-to-day basis. In fact, you hated the fact that you needed to put some on!

"Fuck my life", you mumbled under your breath.

You were more surprised to find time to even go anywhere. But, since your squad had no missions lined up until next week, you didn't dwell on it too much.

You dressed yourself in a simple pair of jeans, which had been purposely ripped by its designer. Your shirt was a laced, creme color with pink lining around the shoulders. Because the shirt was practically see-through, you had no choice but to wear a spaghetti strap underneath, matching the pink lining of the tank top. You allowed your hair to fall down flat, curling only a few strands on a top layer. You did nothing fancy with your shoes, deciding it best to just wear plain white tennis shoes. Your make-up was light as your eyeliner was thick enough to bring out your (e/c) eyes, but not to the point where they looked drowned in black.

Levi didn't exactly tell you where you two were going, so you didn't dress all too fancy. You assumed he wanted you to meet him at his quarters, so you headed straight there after exiting your own, locking the door behind you. The sun was setting and you stared at it as you walked. You loved the way the sky looked as the giant ball of fire fell beneath the Earth, finally able to sleep after a long day's work. 

As you walked, you could hear faint footsteps behind you. You turned to look, but nobody was there. You disregarded the noise and continued on your way. Upon hearing the sound of shifting gravel once again, you finally stopped in your tracks.

"Whoever you are, you better have a decent reason for following me", you said with a stern voice.

The steps came closer before you felt a hand on your left shoulder, it's grip tight. As if by instinct, you ducked down and blocked the arm, forcibly moving off of you. You stood back up, having the stranger in an arm lock.

"Gah! Jesus Christ, _________!" a familiar voice whined.

You noticed it was Jean who had been following you. But, because you really didn't like him, you kept him down.

"What in fucks name do you want, Kirschtein? Yo better have a valid reason for creeping on me like that."

You twisted his arm more, making sure he felt pain before he decided to lie to you.

"I wanted to know if you've seen Marco anywhere!?" He yelped.

You let him go and he stood up to face you, stretching his arm a bit as he spoke.

"He hasn't been back since the last mission and I'm starting to really worry."

"Which mission?"

"The one where you lost your leg", he said without hesitation.

You let out a sigh before answering him, also worried for your childhood friend.

"I don't know", you said with a small voice, "Maybe he's on another mission with Hanji. They've been gone since Friday", you added.

Jean was silent as he looked at the ground. He looked...lost; hurt, even.

"Friday...", he repeated. 

You gave a nod before he spoke again.

"Friday...of two weeks ago...:, he spat out, as if trying to hold back tears.

You knew what was running through Jean's mind. You knew exactly what part of the brain he was edging towards. To spare yourself the tears, you quickly hugged Jean around the waist, tight enough to the point where you knew he couldn't resist.