Chapter 9

It wasn't long before you escaped the restraints around your wrist. You cleaned yourself up as best you could and snuck out of the side room. You looked both ways before stepping out into the open and rushing off to your cabin without making eye contact to anyone.

What the hell? Why did it have to be me? And to make it worse, with the fucking Corporal!?

You let out a heavy sigh as you reached your cabin door.

"Hey, __________", you heard an energetic voice yell behind you. 

It startled you a little, seeing as you were still slightly raddled from the event that happened not-too-long ago. When you turned around to the sound of your name, you noticed Connie standing there, his arms behind his back and his face carrying that same dorky grin. For some reason, you were drawn to his smile. It made you smile as well whenever you saw it. But, right now, you were too stressed about your encounter with Levi.

"S-Sorry, Connie," you started. 

You gave a fake cough, trying to make it seem as if you were coming down with something.

"I don't seem to be feeling all that well. I was just gonna go take a na-"

"-will you please go out with me, __________!?" Connie interrupted.

You held your tongue for a moment. Did he really just ask you that? Has he been paying any attention to you and Eren the past 3 weeks!? He truly was an airhead.

You let out a sigh before turning to him, keeping as much distance from the two of you as possible.

"Connie, you're a great guy, and I really like you. But, only as a friend, okay? besides, i just got out of a relationship and I don't find it right to start dating hours after you breakup with a person."

Connie looked up at you in confusion, but surprise was more visible than was not understanding.

"Huh? Really? I went to go ask Eren and he said it was fine. Which reminds me! Did you know he's dating Annie Leonheart now? I thought they hated each other", the energetic boy laughed.

Like a rubber band, something in you...snapped. It felt as if it could be heard from your chest.

Connie looked around, as if hearing something.

"Did you hear something? It sounded like a snapping sound", he said.

"I'll be back later, Connie", you retorted as you walked passed him.

You didn't care that you didn't know where Eren was, you were just determined to find him. You searched everywhere for a good hour or so, before you heard his familiar laughter coming from around the corner. It sounded like he was talking to someone, but who? It wasn't Mikasa or Sasha, they were still gone. Who? Who, damn it!?

You turned to see who it was; none other than Annie, of course. But, just as they turned the corner, they stopped and said their goodbyes, giving each other a sweet kiss on the lips before parting.

SNAP! Another cord.

You didn't feel angry; no. You felt...used and upset. You didn't want to stand there for so long, you wanted to move. But your legs refused to obey your brain. You desperately tried to run, but it was too late. Eren had turned around and noticed you.

You could feel yourself starting to cry, but you didn't understand the reason. The only thing you could feel were tears coming to your eyes. As your ex took a few more steps towards you, your heart started to race. Not with happiness, but with nervousness. Eren was getting closer an closer and your heart wouldn't stop bouncing around. He approached with his hands in his pockets, a blank expression on his face as he got closer and closer. He was now inches from you.