Chapter 7.5

I had to get up early that morning to take over someone else's shift atop the wall. I slipped on my jacket after putting on my uniform and headed out without breakfast. I walked straight for the wall, nothing else on my mind.

Well, actually, I did doze off about _________ for awhile. I wondered what she was doing. Probably sleeping, it's only 4 in the morning. I think I'm the only one up, other than the others at the wall. I really wanted to wake _________ up and watch the sunrise with her, but I had no time to waste. 

With disappointment, I rushed to the wall, arranging my maneuver gear so I could get to the top. Once I reached the very bottom of the giant cinder blocks, I instinctively used the wired gear to pull me up, landing on my feet without much trouble.

I took  another trainee's place so he could go to bed. His eyes looked tired, but he managed to smile anyways. As hours passed, I leaned against a cannon and stared off into the horizon. I let out a troubled sigh, annoyed that there was nothing to do but stand guard.

Another 8 hours passed and the sun was already going back down. It appeared to me that the day was much longer than a simple 24 hours. It was now 4 o'clock and yet another trainee was coming up the wall to take my place. 

I looked over at him in conformation to leave. I smiled a bit and stood up straight. But as I turned to get down, I heard a noise from the bottom of the wall. I looked down the side I was about to go down, but nobody was down there. So I checked the other side.

Someone was down there, and it looked to be a girl. She looked familiar to me, but I couldn't quite make out who it was.

That was, until she practically moaned my best friend's name. At that moment, I could tell. I knew that voice. The one that made me fall so hard that I still have trouble getting back up.

My girlfriend, and my best friend, were fucking on the wall.

My eyes widened in surprise, unable to un-see what I have seen. On the inside, I felt something snap in my chest. It hurt so much, that I couldn't even scream for help. It hurt.

It hurt so much.