The Strange Meeting

Bloom woke up with a start. She had been having the same nightmare about people crying out for help in the background with a crying baby, but Bloom couldn't move to help.

She walked outside of her secluded cottage to be met by her best friend, Blair. Blair was not your ordinary best friend. She had red/orange scales, a small body, and a wing span of an average man. I guess you could say that she was a dragon.

Dragons spoke telepathically through their eyes which is why their eyes turn into slits. Bloom adapted to living with Dragons for as long as she can remember. The only thing that physically changed were her eyes. She still had her mother's beautiful cyan blue color, but when she telepathically talked to dragons, her eyes turned into slits.

Good morning Blair!,  Bloom stared into Blair's eyes.

Good morning Bloom, today is the last day of the month which means your uncle and aunt are visiting, Blair remembered.

Bloom didn't know her real uncle and aunt since her aunt Samara told her that she was an orphan and that they placed her in the forest so that she wouldn't get caught up in the royal business. Her Uncle Erendor also told her that they were going to have to cut down their visiting time to once a month now that Yoshinoya was getting more aggressive. The Prince had originally switched places with his squire, but somehow, Yoshinoya found out. People say that there's an inside man, spying on the royal family.

Bloom thought of the Prince sigh he was so kind to her and she loved to play with him as kids along with his friend Brandon, but still Bloom had plenty of fun playing with Blair and the other dragons. Bloom made peace with all of the dragons by proving her worth in a battle. She was trained by Pyre, the most clever dragon in the forest. Sometimes she would celebrate with them and set the dying part of the forest on fire so it could be reborn again.

Half of the dragons in the forest weren't from this planet. They were from Domino when it was frozen over. These Dominian dragons sensed something in Bloom that had been buried deep within, but figured she moved over to Eraklyon just like them.

Dragon berries for lunch again? asked Blair, causing Bloom to snap out of her daydream.

Aunt Samara will probably bring something, but we could have that as a snack, Bloom suggested.

Bloom walked through the northern side of the forest to find some of the dragon berries while Blair went even further south to the mountain area(Bloom was wearing her Lynphea College outfit in the picture above).

"Aunt and Uncle always come from this direction" Bloom whispered to herself.

Just then she heard a stick crack on the ground and a horse neigh a few trees away. Bloom ran around the tree she was near and hid behind it, peering around the side to see who it was. A familiar blond haired boy and a brown haired boy hopped off of two horses and tied them to a tree. Bloom could make out most of their conversation.

"... get some dragon berries... mother said they're delicious... my birthday celebration" Said the blonde.

"...shouldn't be here... Yoshinoya... dragons.. Wait, why was your mother here?" Said the brown-haired one.

Their voices were getting more and more clear as they got closer to Bloom.

"She said it's 'business' and that I shouldn't keep asking her questions about it" The blonde started, "speaking of which, she should have a meeting around here about now"

Bloom froze. The boys were just about to come around the tree and see her.

Run! her gut told her, but there was something so familiar about those voices that made her stay put.

"I can't wait for out first year at Red F-" The blond started but turned and bumped into Bloom.

They both fell with a thud. Bloom looked into his familiar ocean-blue eyes and darted back towards her cottage. The boys chased her, but she knew the terrain way better than they did and easily ducked and maneuvered to avoid the pointy branches.

Bloom looked back at them, still trailing behind when she ran into another body and fell, Again.

"Blair!" Bloom said aloud, but realizing Blair couldn't understand, she motioned towards the awestruck boys, frozen at the sight of the dragon.

Blair was about to breath fire when Bloom firmly communicated Don't you dare, they are my species remember!?

The boys watched the communication with the strange change in both their eyes as Blair grunted in defeat. 

Bloom and Blair ran off and left the confused boys to find their horses and their way back.