Reunion

Bloom went through the invisible barrier around her cottage, making it seem like there was nothing in the clearing.

What a way to start the day Bloom communicated, exhausted from her encounter.

They shouldn't be around here. They know this is our territory Blair hissed, steam pouring from her snout.

I know, but something about them seemed so familiar, yet I can't quite put my finger on it Bloom said, really frustrated.

There was three knocks and a thump on the door. Bloom made this signal with her Aunt and Uncle to make sure no intruders were let in.

"Bloom!" Erendor and Samara yelled in delight.

"Sorry we are late, but we found our son and his squire wandering around and had to send them back to the palace with our adviser who was around here anyways" Samara explained.

"Don't worry about it, as long as nobody followed you, I don't mind" Bloom said cheerfully.

"And we couldn't forget about you, Blair" Erendor realized, scratching Blair under the chin. Blair responded by thumping her foot on the ground, expressing her gratitude.

"What's new around here?" Samara asked, setting the food on the table.

"Nothing much. Just a couple of stragglers. Though, a week ago I did find a sharp red feather stuck to the side of that pine tree" Bloom explained, pointing out the window to a beautiful green tree, "I didn't know that there were red birds around here"

The King and Queen froze. A red feather usually meant a warning from Yoshinoya. 

How did they find her? The King and Queen thought at the same time.

"Are you alright?" Bloom asked them.

"We need to get you back to the castle" Erendor stated firmly, getting out of his chair and putting his food back into the basket they kept it in.

Bloom didn't ask any questions, she just went to her room, packed everything she needed(she didn't own much) and headed out the door with Blair in tow.

"What about Blair" Bloom finally spoke up.

"We will have to keep her in the royal stables, otherwise staff might get suspicious and we can't afford the spy finding out" Erendor explained, starting to walk North, towards the castle.

"We've tried everything we can to find out who the spy is, but they're just too good" Samara said, exasperated.

An hour of silence passed before they arrived at the palace by nightfall. Bloom escorted Blair to the stables before going to sleep in her room for the night. Bloom was given a room on the farthest side of the castle, so that she wouldn't be noticed that much, but there were always guards on duty in every part of the castle. 

Morning came and Bloom decided to wear her simple blue patterned dress to not stand out (Ancient Egypt outfit and the picture of this chapter).

She made her way through the castle and out to the gardens.

Blair is probably sleeping and I won't want to disturb her, Bloom thought.

She walked around the garden until she found a recluse spot and sat down on a bench, hidden by a weeping willow tree.

Bloom longed to go back to her cottage, but if her Aunt and Uncle thought it was not safe, then she would not dare go against their orders. 

She sat on the bench for about an hour before deciding to go and check the stables. Bloom made her way back through the garden when someone called her.

"Excuse me miss, but are you Bloom?" the man asked. He was tall, business-like, and clearly very high in the noble ranking.

"Who wants to know?" Bloom asked, not taking any risks.

"Excuse my rudeness, I'm so sorry I forgot. My name is Edward, The royal adviser. The King and Queen request your arrival in fifteen minutes for brunch" He said, standing as straight as he could, "It will take place in the roof garden"

"Thank you, I will be on my way then" replied Bloom.

Bloom made her way up all of the staircases she could find until she reached a garden on the roof. Assuming this was the place, Bloom walked through the garden until she heard voices in the far back corner.

"Who's the special guest mother?" A manly voice asked.

"You used to know her" another voice replied.

"It's  not Diaspro is it?" the first voice asked again.

"No! I would never bring that gold-digging twit back here again!" The second voice responded.

"Samara! I agree, but we shouldn't call her such rude things" A third voice scolded.

Bloom kept walking towards them, her sandals slapping the ground softly, but still enough to be heard.

"She's here" A final fourth voice notified the royal trio.

Bloom turned the corner to be met by four pairs of eyes. Bloom saw her Aunt and Uncle and- oh man, it was the two boys from the forest!

"What is she doing here!?" The boys asked in unison, pointing to Bloom.

"It's rude to point you know" Bloom scolded.

"Am I missing something?" Samara asked.

"Maybe the fact that you brought a half dragon and half girl into the castle!" The blond one yelled.

"For your information, I'm 100% human. Just because my eyes change to communicate with dragons, doesn't mean I am one!" Bloom yelled back, insulted.

"Quiet!" Erendor yelled, "Sky, explain."

"Brandon and I were walking through Flaming Forest to find dragon berries when we bumped into her and chased her down. We almost caught her when a wild dragon came by and nearly killed us. Her eyes changed and then they ran off while we got lost" Sky explained.

"First, why would you chase someone into a dragon-filled forest. Two, Blair the 'wild dragon that nearly killed you' is Bloom's best friend and protector. And finally three, I'm quite surprised that you three haven't figured out who each other are" Samara scolded her son.

The trio of teenagers went silent and gave the King and Queen blank stares.

"Ugh, do I really have to do this?" Erendor said frustrated, "Sky and Brandon, this is Bloom, the girl you used to play with as kids. Bloom these are Prince Sky and his squire, Brandon"

Sky grinned and winked at Bloom while Brandon waved and elbowed Sky for flirting with a girl he just met. Again.