Self Defense

Note: Bloom's transformation is sophix because she lived among nature for so long

...

"Miss Bloom... Miss Bloom... Miss Bloom!"

"What the!?!?" Bloom sat straight up in her bed to see three maids looking at her.

"I'm Mary" The short and stubby one claimed.

"I'm Lucy" The tall, skinny one said.

"I'm Anne" The short and skinny one stated.

"And we're here to get you ready for the ball tomorrow!" They cheered in unison.

"Okay, but I've never been to one" Bloom said sheepishly.

"That's quite alright, just tell us your style" Mary smiled.

"Um... something that I could run in if I need to, so not a floor length gown. I don't like feeling like I'm trapped" Bloom replied honestly.

"We can do that, but we insist that you wear heels for the occasion" Anne negotiated.

"That's fine, but I also want it to look natural and clean" Bloom concluded.

"Done and done!" Lucy cried.

With that, the maids left Bloom to get changed and wander the palace. Again. The only reason the maids had to wake Bloom up that early was because they still had to make the dress.

Bloom made her way out to the garden again, but this time she wandered around looking at the different flowers. Little did Bloom know that a pair of sky-blue eyes were watching her from a palace window.

She decided to go back to her secluded bench under the willow tree to rest. Bloom was about to sit down when she heard a whoosh  and a ping.

Bloom spun around and saw a flash of red coming straight for her head. She ducked the shot and turned to see what had almost hit her: It was a sharp red feather.

Run! her conscience told her, and this time she listened. Bloom grabbed the red feather and darted towards the castle, but before she could reach the entrance, she felt a hand wrap around her mouth and her wrists, keeping her from flailing or yelling out for help. 

Bloom gripped the sharp red feather like a knife and stabbed her attacker. The pain made the person drop its hands, just enough for Bloom to turn around and deliver a final blow to the head with her fist, knocking the attacker unconscious. She finally got a good look at the person. It was a ninja!

Bloom heard footsteps behind her and swung around, ready to fight with a bleeding lip, knuckles, and red wrists from the ninja.

"Bloom! Are you okay?" Sky asked.

Bloom put her fists down, realizing who was approaching her.

"I'm fine" Bloom muttered, her anger towards the attacker still hung in the air.

"All physical damage..." Sky murmured, inspecting the ninjas injuries, "So I take it your not a fairy?"

"What makes you say that?" Bloom asked, startled from his question.

"Well, you didn't use any magical attacks to take this guy down, and most fairies do" Sky explained.

"Do you want this whole garden on fire?" Bloom teased.

"Oh, I get it. Fire power?" Sky realized.

Bloom nodded proudly.

"What transformation level are you on?" He asked, wanting to know how powerful she was.

"Sophix" Bloom replied simply.

"Whoa, you must be the youngest fairy to have gotten that transformation" Sky mused, but Bloom's mind was elsewhere.

"Where were all of the guards" She spoke up.

"Someone higher up must've ordered them away from here" Sky replied, realizing what Bloom was thinking.

"So the spy is most likely someone higher in ranking" Bloom pondered.

"You should probably go to the hospital wing to heal" Sky worried about Bloom.

"I can heal myself, I will just stay inside for today" Bloom waved away the idea, not liking to feel helpless.

"If you say so..." Sky said, unsure of her decision.

The day went by and the ninja was locked up for interrogation. Sky told his parents and Brandon what happened. Bloom used her special sophix healing powers to heal her injuries. She laid in bed peacefully waiting to hear word that the ninja gave them some piece of information, but nothing happened.

Just then, Bloom's door barged open, revealing her maids with a giant gift-wrapped present.

"We're back!" the maids chimed.

"And we brought a present!" Mary cheered.

"Simple, natural, and clean!" Lucy added.

Anne took out a beautiful blue dress and heels with pink flowers on them (in the picture of this chapter).

"I can't wait for you to wear it tomorrow!" they cooed before leaving Bloom for the night.