winter wonderland : an

requested by pasteltooru ...
asanoya winter fluff

in which the cold isn't nearly as bad as it used to be.

+

yuu looks out the window, gasping in excitement. "the snows still falling! hurry up with that hot chocolate, asahi," he calls into the kitchen from the living area.

"on it, on it," asahi shouts back, chuckling a bit. it really was endearing to see his boyfriend so excited about the snow.

he wouldn't lie — he was a little bit excited. it hasn't snowed like this in a long time. the sky is laden with dark clouds, the thick snow falling in sheets and coating the land in a blanket of white.

asahi walks into the living area where yuu has piled himself into a chair much larger than him, his legs pulled up and his elbows propped up on the arm of the chair, his eyes glued to the window where his breath was creating a foggy circle.

"hot chocolate for my little libero," asahi says with a soft grin. yuu carefully picks up the cup and sets it on the small wooden table beside the chair.

yuu turns to asahi and frowns. "are you sure your parents are cool with this? with me staying here for the day?" yuu is well aware asahi's parents are... strict.

"sure, they're out of town so i don't think they care," asahi answers after taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

yuu nods, then picks up his phone, looking at a text from shouyo.

"shouyo says the river by his house is frozen," he tells asahi, who gasps in shock.

"you mean he's out in this weather?! the poor kid is so thin and small, he'll freeze to death!" asahi practically shouts.

"chill out! he's with his little sister, and according to him, they're both so bundled up that he's sweating."

asahi visibly relaxes. "good," he says.

"don't get so wound up!" yuu laughs.

suddenly the lights flicker and the already dim lighting they had goes out.

"shit, yuu whispers under his breath, looking to asahi who is visibly starting to panic.

yuu sets his hot chocolate down and gets up to get closer to asahi. "we should build a blanket fort. it's gonna start getting cold soon."

and so they do, asahi leading an overly excited yuu to a closet where they proceed to drag out every blanket inside. they even drag out the blankets in the beds.

"asahi! i deem you in charge of getting chairs!" he points to asahi and shouts as loud as he can. asahi flinches.

"why do we need chairs?" he asks.

yuu's shoulders sag as he hangs his head. "asahi, my lover, my dearest, my good friend. have you ever made a blanket fort?"

asahi plays with his hands, then scratches the back of his neck before shaking his head.

"i'm ashamed of you. what a deprived childhood you must have had," yuu says, his voice thick with faux emotion as he steps forward and pats asahi on the shoulder reassuringly.

"no worries! yours truly will teach you. so first, you need chairs to keep the blankets from falling down, and we also need rubber bands. go get four or five chairs, i'll get the rubber bands," yuu says, already ravaging through drawers looking for rubber bands.

after five chairs have been arranged and rubber bands have been located, yuu proceeds to explain.

"now, we need the lightest blankets we can find," he says, crouching down on the floor and digging through the pile of blankets, looking for the lightest blanket.

"why does it have to be light?" asahi inquires, holding up blankets in an attempt to weigh them.

"so they don't fall on our heads, silly!" yuu answers with a laugh.

+

it's twenty minutes, three near arguments and lots of effort later when they finally have pieced together an adequate fort.

"this is great!" yuu announces, while asahi looks at him skeptically.

"now, all we need is pillows and more blankets. i'll lay down a fluffy blanket as the base," yuu says as he scoots into the fort and lays down a large blanket as the "flooring".

"you get some pillows, asahi!" he shouts. asahi begins picking up pillows of all shape and size.

"are these okay?" he asks, holding up some pillows, to which yuu gives two thumbs up to.

"this is looking amazing!" yuu says, running to the kitchen, leaving asahi to make the fort more comfortable.

yuu grabs as many candles as he can find, then a lighter, and places them inside the fort, lighting them one by one.

"come on, asahi! it's nice in here!" yuu calls. asahi slinks his way very awkwardly inside.

"hey," yuu whispers.

"hey," asahi whispers back.

yuu then leans in to quickly plant a kiss on asahi's cheek.

"i'm tired! that was so much work," he groans, rolling over and pulling a blanket over himself. asahi rolls his eyes and carefully moves in to spoon him.

"is this okay?" he asks tentatively, squirming a bit.

"yes, of course!" yuu answers enthusiastically.

asahi sits up quickly and blows out all of the candles. "safety first," he mumbles, settling back down.

"sh," yuu whispers. "no more talking."

and at this point, asahi thinks maybe the cold and the power outage aren't inconvenient.

and, maybe he wouldn't trade this for the world.

+

thank you for
the request, pasteltooru!
it is very appreciated!
you can leave requests at any time
on my conversation board or
on the introductory chapter of this
book.

thanks for reading!!