of picnics and playfulness : yl

requested by kageass ...
yakulev first date fluff.

in which morisuke is hopelessly in love with the tallest idiot he knows.

+

morisuke has a had a bad feeling in his stomach since he woke up. he's not sure if this is what people call butterflies but he knows that this doesn't feel like gentle butterflies flitting about in his stomach; it feels like the damn running of the bulls.

after pulling on some shorts and snuggling himself into a sweater and his nekoma jacket, he sets out for the park.

"yaku-san!" shouted a loud voice, too loud for the early hour.

"what is it, lev?" he replied, exasperated and already annoyed.

lev walked quickly towards the shorter boy and smiled a big smile. "go on a picnic date with me!"

morisuke blushed what felt like from head to toe and gulped, looking around before quietly saying "okay,".

morisuke shoves his hands into his pockets, playing absentmindedly with a piece of lint while he walks. he would never admit it, at least not aloud, that he has a crush on lev. that would be absurd, an upperclassmen having a dumb puppy-love crush on his kouhai. it was unprofessional, it was uncomfortable, and suddenly morisuke was quite regretting agreeing to this date.

he wouldn't admit it, ever, to anyone, but sometimes the thought of lev made him, well, excited.

so maybe it was more than just a dumb puppy-love crush.

his phone buzzes and dings and vibrates in his back pocket, snapping him from his thoughts and ejecting him into reality. he pulls it out, the screen lit with messages.

lev : r u coming yaku-san?????

morisuke rolls his eyes and almost typed "begrudgingly" but instead settles for a more passive "yes".

and then he sees him — but how could be not? — silver hair no less than glittering in the sun and green eyes invitingly warm.

"yaku-san! you came! i thought you ditched me, kinda," he says, his voice getting quieter and more awkward as he rambles on.

"well," morisuke mumbles. "i'm here. where's the picnic?" he asks, stretching his neck to look around.

"what, can't see because you're so short?" lev asks, laughing loudly.

morisuke is unsurprisingly unamused and angered, expressing this by giving lev a swift kick to shin.

"next time i'm gonna kick higher, got it?" he growls, and the taller boy's face pales, before muttering a soft "yes, yaku-san."

+

lev had picked a perfect location, really. it was shaded by a large, sprawling tree that was possibly taller than all of the nekoma volleyball team stacked together.

a blue checkered blanket was spread out in the grass, two cushions sitting waiting for the two. a big basket sat in the middle, plates and napkins sitting close by.