👣Becoming of the Orphans!👣

*Full Cover*

*Full Cover*

(Nagato:10, Konan:10, Yahiko:10 Riyona:4)

Nagato was in a corner, in the hallway of his house with both his parents and cousin Riyona. They were hiding because of the war against Konoha, which had been carrying on for years. The enemies were looking for food in their home. "Have you found anything yet?" asked one of the men. "Yeah, some canned food." The other answered."Our first meal in four days... no three days." The first one said happily."Let's just eat, I'm starving here!" 

"We should search the rest of this place afterward. We might find more stuff." As that was said Nagato's mother silently nodded to her husband.  

"Let's get outside while they're distracted." He whispered to his son and niece-in-law. "What if they see us, father? I'm scared." Nagato asked fearfully. His father then pulled him close. "Don't worry now, let's just leave and be completely quiet." He whispered before silently moving to the edge of the door to check if it was OK to leave the room. As soon as he saw that it was, he motioned for them to follow closely behind him. 

With Nagato's father leading, next was his mother, then himself, and finally, his cousin who bumped into a table and knocked over a clay pot of some sort. The noise of it breaking alerted the enemies. "Who's there?" One asked with a Kunai in his hand. Nagato's father had then pushed them both quickly out of sight and ran at the Konoha ninjas to protect them. "Damn! Enemies!" theothers spoke. "Run now! Get out of here!" Nagato's father shouted as he grabbed one of the ninja's arms, and punched him in the face. 

"Nagato leave! Take your cousin with you!" His mother spoke to him with worry in her voice and shakily pushed him and Riyona out of the way of the attacking ninja as she was stabbed in the chest. "Nagato, Riyona, hurry... run..." She said just before she slumped to the side and died. "Run Nagato! Run and don't look back HURRY!!!" His father yelled as he was also stabbed to death. Nagato and Riyona couldn't do anything but cry. 

As they sat there crying, a ninja walked closer to them then his eyes widened in shock as he realized they were just children. "T-their just kids?" The one that killed his mother said. "Oh no, these people weren't Shinobi!" The otherwas in complete shock. "What do we do? How did this happen?" The ninja, still standing near the kids asked as he turned to face his comrades."How could we mistake them for the enemy? Damn it!" The ninja then turned and bent down toward the children, who were still crying. 

"We didn't know! We didn't realize there were still civilians living here in the war zone! I'm so sorry..." He apologized to the crying children. But it was too late. Nagato's rinnegan was activated for the very first time as his anger and sorrow grew.

Time skip

Nagato, who had passed out from using his rinnegan, opened his eyes only to realize his parents were really dead. It wasn't all just a dream and he had killed those ninjas who had murdered his parents. "AHHHHHH!!!!!!" He screamed as it became clear to him that he and Riyona were now orphans.

A few days later 

Nagato and Riyona stopped near the graves of his parents, freshly dug graves, and said their goodbyes because they knew they would never return. A couple of days later, Riyona collapsed from hunger. Nagato immediately knelt down on the ground after her. "RIYONA!" He screamed in panic and shook her awake. "Naga-Chan... Riyona can't... can't walk to... to... hungry..." and she slumped over again. "NO, WAKE UP! DON'T SLEEP!" As he yelled at her, her eyes fluttered open again and he carried her on his back as he walked door to door asking for food.  

But every house he stopped at either didn't answer or just didn't have enough food to spare. As he was about to give up on food, he walked past a bakery, and in the store window were about ten or more loaves of freshly baked bread. Although it looked so delicious and tempting, Nagato decided not to steal it. "Let's go," He said regrettably to his cousin, who just nodded unquestionably. Not because she didn't want to, but because she couldn't waste any more energy. 

After a few hours of walking Nagato and Riyona passed out again. When they woke up, a girl with blue hair walked up to them and gave them both a loaf of bread, and said; "Go on, eat this." Riyona eagerly and hungrily yanked one of the loaves out of her hand and chowed it down like a starving dog. Nagato, however, was not sure if he believed his eyes. "Really?" He asked as he slowly sat up. "Mhmm!" The girl nodded with a smile. Nagato smiled lightly as he began to eat the bread. 

The girl, they later learned was named Konan, smiled happily as she saw them eating.

Moments later

They walked into a nearby cave to hide from the rain and upon entering, they saw a kid with spiked orange hair. "Konan, who are these two anyway?" asked the spiked-haired boy."Sorry, but they were almost dead." he sighed."Fine. What are your names?" "Riyona is Riyona, he's Naga-chan!" Cheered Riyona. "Naga? You sure have a weird name." Said the boy with orange hair. 

"It's not Naga, she just calls me that because she likes it... I'm Nagato," Nagato said rolling his eyes. And from that point on they began to do anything for free food, even if it meant stealing it.

A few more days later

"You guys ok? Listen, don't feel too bad, alright? These things just sometimes happen." Yahiko asked making a conversation as they were traveling out of town, due to getting caught stealing. "I guess," Nagato said in his usual gloomy tone. "Nagato, tell me...do you have any dreams?" "Dreams?" Nagato said unsurely.