Episode 1- Pilot

Jake 👆🏻
--------------

Moving place to place isn't a way to live... damn, it's not living at all, it's torture. Living the life, I do, I never asked for it but after a while you just seem to get rather... hooked. Hunting on the other hand is quite a breeze, it's like breathing. But time after time I feel myself becoming a little less human, my humanity is slowly fading, and I have yet to find a solution.

I used to live with this old geezer he was like a mentor, I refuse to think of him like a father figure. The old man passed on a few years back by a natural cause. His main advice he always used to mention was to find someone to watch my back. But the thing is, I wasn't used to it, someone protecting me, it was something I can never imagine.

Jake, come Jake

My eyes flung open like a flash as my breathing is out of count. It isn't like this is unusual it is quite common. I'm not entirely sure if it is a dream, there were no visual images, not that I could recall in that matter. It was pitch black as this deep, husky voice calls my name repeating a continuous message until I wake up in a fright suddenly at precisely 3am.

The nightmare started when I was 15, I was scared and young which made me go into hiding using demon boundaries, disappearing off the face of earth off the demon radar. 7 years later the shelter I was hiding in was destroyed, burnt to the ground. Demon scent could be smelt all around that area, 10... 20 at most. That night I started to receive the dreams. I used to put up demon boundaries which made the voice disappear, but I started to suddenly get heavy headache which disappeared the moment I ripped the contact on the boundaries.

I barely have any leads on who the voice is. While I'm awake it's normal, I'm myself but the second I fall asleep the voice starts to talk repeating that one phrase, Jake, come Jake, it never chances. Of cause the logic idea is that it's a demon knowing as the voices never used to be able to get through the boundaries but recently this demon has become overly powerful and his voice became more aggressive and intimidating than seven years ago. Somewhat I fear that this demon would be almost impossible to kill as I can feel its energy... it's power.

The demons on earth are outcast demons, the ones that crawled out of hell. Recently the numbers are becoming less and less which is a good thing unless they are building up and forcing an army which mere human could not bear a second up against just one. Demons would abolish humans from the face of the earth. 

Many humans on earth are hunters, many from different ages. I've met a few but I never treated them as friendly company. There are different type of hunters; spell hunters that use spells to kill demons similar to the witch bloodline, tracker hunters which actually never come in close contact with their target as they hunt and plant demon bound traps, witch hunters the real bloodline of witches that choose to be hunters who are hated and admired by many, then, the combat hunter who use close contact which they choose to receive a demon gun or a demon knife when they decide to be hunters.

Being on the road was interesting yet a pain in the ass at the same time. Starring at a scenery I've seen to many times in a life time gets sickening. The next town is twenty minutes away and hopefully there would be something to entertain my boredom that I happen to feel occasionally.

The town is small, not many places nor people, population 203. The town did look rather old with country western style buildings and cheap, rotten wood. Getting out of my car as dust picks up as other cars pull out of their parks making me wave my hand around my face for a second.