Episode 7- Agate-garnet Ruby

"You okay?" Mara questions, looking back at me from the window.
"What makes you think I'm not," I say plainly, focusing on the road. The beams of my head lights didn't make seeing any easier.
"I was just asking." Mara turns her shoulder slightly towards her door before lying her head back on her head rest.
I sigh. "I'm just thinking."
"'Bout what?" She says keeping in the same position. Silence fills the car as if I didn't hear her question but I didn't know how to answer. "About what that demon said?"
I didn't relies my shoulder were tensing. My grip on my steering wheel was turning my knuckles white. Was I that irritated?
"I guess so."
Mara turns her position back towards me as she gulps. "What did he mean?"
"Not sure," I say throwing a glimpse her way. "I would die to find out."

The next town seemed to interest Mara mainly because of all the shops and people. I would have never expected her to be a city girl. The girl who dresses in ripped ankle jeans, checked sleeveless top and black ankle boots tucked under her jeans would not be found living in the city. Her long brown hair was tied up in a messy bun that brought out her sharp jaw line and light blue eyes.
We went clothes shopping at the other towns we stopped at but I've never seen her so excited in the past week.
"You wanna buy something?"
"Can I?" She turns around with the most brightest smile.
We ran around the city for hours; Cheering stores, buying clothes, trying free products, eating pizza and ice cream. For a few hours, I felt normal. But after the sun went down once again, it was our queue to leave. I back all the bags and gifts into the back but somehow Mara looked different in a uncertain way.

"You alright, Mara?" I asks stepping closer to her as she retreated quickly like I was a dangerous predator. Is something happening to her familiar side? "Okay. In the car." She obeyed without an issue which made me confused. Period?
"Where we going?"
"Well, we should stop so that you can get some rest for the night," I respond.
"What about you?" She looks out the window.
"I'm not tired," I lied, as my eyes betrayed me as they begin to shut.
"Neither am I." I can tell she was lying. Her voice wasn't that normal concern tone but more dry and dull.
"Mara, you sure your alright?"
"I'm fine," she answers roughly making me back off a bit. I turned into a hotel as I quickly paid and got out of the cold.
Mara went straight to the bed which she curled herself up but didn't go to sleep. I feel backwards landing on a not so comfortable mattress. I put my hands behind my head as I look up at the creaking roof. My eyes begins to droop heavily, the sound of cutlery hitting the ground startled me awake. The first thing I do is look around for Mara but she was no where to be seen.

"Mara!" I shout as everything remained silent. Standing on my feet I shuffle around the dusty walls trying to find the light switch. I stumble across a switch that I pulled down as the lights stunned my eyes. It was hard to get used to, all I could make out was blurriness.
I walk into the small kitchen to see the cutlery scattered across the ground with drops of blood.
"Mara!" I shout again but with a concern tone.
"Mara is not here," I voice says out of no where.
"Who are you?" I ask looking around the place knowing that Mara is in danger.
"Who am I? Who are you? You are a hunter and yet you are something so precious. So fragile, your a gem in his eyes," she laughs evilly.
"Leave Mara alone. Deal with me yourself you bastard." I stomp into the bathroom turning on the lights.
"What's wrong? Scared of the dark?" At the same time all the lights switched off leaving me in pitch black. The light did not switch back on no matter how many times I switched it back and forth.
I used my torch light on my phone to find my way back the the bedroom.
"What do you want?"
"You." With that my phone turned off.
My body was flung across the room breaking into the wall where dust flew everywhere blinding me. I stand wiping my eyes.
"What's going on?" The door flung open to reveal the man from the check in. His face turned frightened as he froze. I switch my glare at Mara or supposed to be. She was crouched with her hair covering half her face. Deep, rich blood drools from her mouth. She walks like a cave woman towards me. She picks me up by my neck just as she is forced me back hitting the metal bed.
I cough as I gain my stance before she stands back up looking fearless before running towards me as she begins to gush blood. She kneels on the ground gasping for air but only chocking on blood. The demon begins to scream but then, ever so slightly Mara's voice escapes.
"Stop it!" I exclaim regaining my posture as Mara stays still still coughing up her own blood which begins to turn black. "If you think your helping you aren't," I shout at whoever was trying to kill both Mara and the demon that possess her.
"Thanks for you help," the demon becomes conscious.
"I didn't do it for you," I say sliding under my bed that I laid on only moments before.
I grabbed my demon knife that was hiding under my black jacket. The demon grabs my ankle in a bone breaking grip, luckily, I am a hunter- meaning we hold more strength and agility than normal humans. Once again, I was thrown at a wall which was getting quite annoying now. It didn't hurt, much. Throwing the wooden plank beside me, I missed just crazing her right shoulder.