Episode 8- Flesh

Mara sleeps soundly in the back as I keep checking her every few minutes. Worry over comes me as she hasn't even moved for 6 hours, I know I should give her more time but what if something is happening to her.
I sigh coming to another small town which I'm starting to get sick of. The scenery was dull and the clothing they wear too old fashion. I glimpse down at my clothing- dark denim jeans and a red checked Botton up shirt- 'great, I look just like them.' I suddenly hear Mara groan as I rapidly look in the mirror to see she hasn't moved, for a second I thought it was my imagination. I pull into a motel, just in case Mara was regaining consciousness. After paying for the room I realised how weird it was carrying a 16 year old in a hotel room.
Even though the thought rushed over me, I didn't really care what others thought as I quickly pick up Mara gently heading inside laying her down on one of the single beds. I yawn, my sleep was catching up to me. I wish I could sleep even though that angel said I would be fine after planting that tic in my brain, the habit of not sleep scares me a little. I look down at Mara before brushing her hair slightly out of her face.

"I'll be back shortly, Mara," I mention to Mara's sleeping self even though I knew she couldn't hear me. I hated leaving her here by herself but at least I know she would be somewhat safe.
As I drive through town- which wasn't big- I notice that demons haven't been appearing lately, but more folk told creatures and Angels!
I wasn't heading anywhere special, I couldn't stay in the motel with Mara who looked so lifeless. Unconsciously I begin to grip the wheel tightly only to stop when my fingers tingled numbly.
I pull over at small pub, though it was small it seemed like the whole town was in here. I sludge down at one of the stools in front of the bar as an attractive woman with long, curly, brown hair, big brown eyes and long eyelashes smiles in front of me.
"What can I get ya?" She asks in a Texas accent as she chews on her gum.
I glance up at her, "a sex on the beach would be great."
She leans down slightly showing off her cleavage, "we don't have a beach but we have upstairs." She sends me a small wink.
"I guess that will do," I say emotionlessly, I didn't feel like showing any emotions.
She grabs onto my hand before practically dragging me upstairs. She enters the first room as she pushes me on the bed before closing the door.
"Let's have some fun," she smirks. She climbs on top of me as she begins kissing down my neck while her long fingers desperately scrummage over my body. She slowly begins to unbutton my top as she kisses my lips roughly, her kisses actually turned me off. For one, she too forceful and second, she kisses me like a child.
"Ouch!" She squeals as she sits up quickly still straddling me.
"What happen?" I question leaning up on my elbows.
"It felt like my brain just got hit with a dagger," she mentions holding her forehead. "Don't worry about it," she shacks her head going down for another rough kiss before she gets thrown of me. She looks around frantically as she grips onto her head with terror written over her face. Before I know it, she begins to scream. I rush to her side, kneeling down beside her.
"Heather! Is that you?" Someone shouts from outside the door as I watch the handle twist.
I glimpse back at Heather to see blood dripping from the corner of her eyes. I've never seen anything like this. Is it his doing? He can't get into my head so he's enters everyone else's.
"Stop it!" I shout as the woman stops screaming as she sits there quietly. "Are you.." before I finish the woman's head exploded before me as blood covered my body. I sat there in shock next to a headless woman as I can hear my heart beating a mile a minute. I come to my senses as the door knob begins to rattle viciously.
I head out the window jumping down onto the fire escape, lucky it was dark otherwise I would've been easily spotted by now. I hesitated to get into my car all bloody until I hear sirens coming my way.

I groaned when I entered the motel room before taking a glimpse over at Mara, "I'm glad your not awake to see this."
I walk to the shower before showering with the clothes on as the blood drips down into the drain. Even after I completely showered I still felt unclean. I pull on another pair of jeans- slightly lighter then the ones I wore today- and again a plain blue button up shirt. I really have to stop destroying all my clothes, I thought before throwing my wet clothes into a plastic bag and chucking it in the garbage out the back. Even though they weren't damaged, I can never wear them again.
I sat down at the end of Mara's bed. I reach out to touch her forehead to notice she's burning up. I rush getting a cloth before soaking it with cold water before placing it upon her forehead.
I couldn't help to wonder if I didn't take her with me, would she be alright?
I look over at my bed, there's nothing I can help her with if I don't get any rest myself. As I lay down terror over flowed even so, I begun to close my eyes before I knew it I was captured into complete darkness unable to awaken.