Episode 9- He's coming

Mara's limp body charges at the wind screen as I watch in horror, just before she crashes through it I'm drawn to a familiar place.
I look around frantically as I'm at the gate way again. Una! I thought as I look behind me to see the angel once again.
"You need to get this out!" I exclaim, striding towards her. She brings her hand up as she forces me to stop.
"I know. That's why your here," she mentions as she zaps us to a different location, her office? "It seems that ever since we planted that tic a lot of innocent people have been dying." She sits behind her desk. "I'm afraid he's getting impatient."
"So what now?" I question standing in the same spot.
"We take it out."
She brought me to a chair as a few others surround me. I was about to make a sarcastic comment before one of them stabbed a needle in my neck making my body numb.
It took me a while to figure of where I am, it was light and unfamiliar but after a few seconds the light seemed to be dimming. Is this my brain? The tic was keeping the darkness out, keep the voice out, keeping him out. Mara will be fine and people won't be dying everywhere I go. I search around me as the darkness draws in.
"Mara?" I question as I saw a woman figure walking towards me.
"Jake?" She questions but as he voice mutters. As she draw closer I see a sigh of relief from the dim light around us. "How did you get in here?"
"It's actually my head, I'm not sure why your here thou," I mention looking around as I feel like someone's watching us.

"Do you know the way out?" She asks staring at me.
I shake my head for a seconds, "no, I normally just wake up."
She didn't answer as she's looking frantically behind her. "Do you feel that?"
"Like someone's watching?"
She nods her head, "yeah."

I hear a loud, heavy footsteps in the distance as I push Mara behind me. I was getting prepared to fight as I notice my demon blade isn't in it normally holding place. I glance back at Mara to notice she wasn't there. "Mara!" I shouted circling the area as everything was quiet except my breathing and those footsteps that sounds closer and closer every second.
"She'll be fine," a familiar, husky voice states keeping in the shadows.
"Who are you?" I shout looking towards the voice.
"Your much more intriguing then I thought," he whispers. His tone sent goosebumps up my arms and not in a good way. My body felt disgusting as I step back away from him.
"What do you want with me?" I say more calmly as the other guy chuckles. "I'm glad you asked, I'm here to take you with me," he mentions. 'Is he here to kill me?' I thought before he charges at me to fast for me to see him. But before he got to me a flash of light bursted him further into the darkness as I stare at Una in front of me.
"Hurry! Let's go," she mentions before zapping us away from the scene but not before I hear the man groan in annoyance.
I awaken in the chair with Mara's youthful face hovering over me with relief.
I glance over at Una whom was whispering among the other angels as the glimpse in our direction.

Clearing my voice, I stood up from the chair as the angels carefully watch my every move. "I think it's time we go." I stated more than questioned.
Una nods as she walks closer, "he seems to have gotten a lot stronger and if you can't control it we're going to have to get involved."
I wish for them to get involved, they're angels! Why can't they kill whoever this is, it seems a lot stronger than I can handle. As I was deep in thought I didn't realise we made it back to reality. But still as alway, nothing made sense.
The tic in my brain was finally gone and Mara is no back to consciousness. Everything was back to the way it was. Meaning my restful nights are now over. He haunts my mind until I die and I've come to an understanding that there's nothing I can do about it. It's either I suffer or everyone I love or come in contact with dies for my sake.

A car horn drawn me back down to earth. I quickly turn my head towards Mara sitting up from her eternity of sleep. A sigh of relief lefts half the weight of my shoulders. I begin to drive as Mara climbs her way to the front. We both sat in silence for a few minutes. With so much to say we couldn't put it into words.

"Did you have a good sleep?" I intimately regretted my question.

"I wouldn't call it a sleep. I was awake the hole time. Not sure why I was in your brain thou." Mara mentions making me wonder.

"Hm not sure about that one either. Angels have secrets that I have to learn about them. I still haven't come to trust them completely."

A sudden heretical laugh erupted making me jag the wheel. Mara's head almost hit the roof is shock.
"You can never trust angels." The ruby from around my neck started to glow. 'Not this bitch'. "They're all blah blah, do this blah blah."

I glimpsed at Mara before back at the road. "How would you know?" Mara question making me raise my eyebrows at her. 'Don't talk to her.'

"I'm dead," the car went silent for a moment. "Don't get all whippy on me now."

"How'd you die?" Mara spoke up.

"Don't ask her questions."

"Hunter, I was good once too. I was young, nieve and in love." She paused, "I swear to get revenge on every hunter but you know I feel this darkness in you."

Tsk. It was useless asking who it is. I already know what will happen.

"I was 19 when they burnt me alive. I wasn't always evil."

I almost swirved again as I saw her in the revision mirror. She was different. Her hair was a long red colour with tight curls. Her face was bright with small feckles around the nose.

"I'm only a hologram. The ruby strip's all my powers. It's strange you know... I've never shown myself like this to anyone."

"Your love? Is he hunter?"

The witches face fell. "A fresh hunter, I wasn't uncommon back then. I thought he would see me different. But as soon as I healed his mother, he's father said that I embedded her with evil. Thing is they killed her to. Once I got out I possessed you to kill him only to find out he is long dead."

"So now you wants to rot in this ruby?" I ask.

"To be honest, dying sounds nice. But I'd like to know where this ends."

"So your agreeing to help?" I question glimpsing back in the mirror to see the side of her mouth curl.

"I agreed before didn't I. Besides I can help with your nightmares."

My eyes open wide. "Aren't you afraid?"

She laughs leaning back in her sit. "What's the worst he can do? Kill me."

"I've seen it happen over and over."

"Is someone worried about me?"

I glimpse over a Mara who was looking at her with sorrow.

"I just don't want to look after 2 kids."

The witch stares at Mara with a hopeful look. "I can sense one of us is going to find everything she desires."

"What does that mean?" Mara speaks up.

"Honey. Don't ruin the story." After that she disappeared back into the ruby as it stops glowing.

"What do you think she meant?" Mara questions.

"I think she means your going to be just fine."

"And you?"

"Well, I'm here with you now aren't I?" I say.

"Can we trust her?"

"I don't think trust in the right word for anyone right now."

"Not even me?"

I let out a chuckle. "If the person in hell hasn't killed you yet. I'm sure I can trust you."

She remains silent. "You know I've spoken to him."

I slam on the brakes almost killing us both once again. "Say what?"

"He came to me in my dream. He first asked me to bring you too him but after you screamed at him to stop hurting me when the witch was in my body. He asked me if I will protect you. After I replied he left me alone."

"Why are you only telling me this now. And there's no use in protecting me when he's killing every demon."

She looks me dead in the eyes with a serious expression. "He's coming."