Mission Acomplished!

Natasha leans heavily on you as the two of you walk down to the living room in Stark Tower.

"I think I've got it" She gasps, using the wall to support her weight.

"You sure?" You ask.

"Told Clint I was doing better... don't want him to think I lied" She grits her teeth and takes a step.

"Didn't they give you pain killers?"

Natasha's laugh is hoarse "Those things don't work on me."

"Elephant tranquilizer?" You make a face.

"Ha" Natasha sucks in a harsh breath "Ha!"

The others have already gathered for Steve's little mission report.

It's been two weeks since they took Yelena into custody, and the sporadic attacks on businesses have stopped but for one copycat crime by a local gang.

Hydra can't have given up yet.

   "They never do" Steve explained it to you "But as long as good men stand, they won't defeat us."

"You should write a book" you laughed at his propensity to sound like a heroic caricature of himself and throw your arms around his waist "Start it with 'And there came a day unlike any other, when earth's mightiest heroes were united against a common threat! On that day the Avengers were born! -- To fight the foes no single hero could withstand!"

Steve frowned "Now listen here, young lady-"

Your stricken expression at his choice of words was enough to snap him out of the act.

He laughed heartily, clutching his chest and doubling over.

"You're a funny guy, Steve Rodgers" you glare at him.

"And you love me for it" He kissed your forehead gently and fixed those unearthly blue eyes on your face.

"I plead the fifth" you ran your fingers through his hair, with a smirk.

"Hey! Rogers!" Tony poked his head into the hall "What's the hold up?"

"What the-" he covered his face and peeked through his fingers.

"Get lost, Stark" you groaned.

Steve smiled at you and withdrew reluctantly "See you in the conference room."

"Earth to Y/N!" Natasha snaps her fingers.

"Sorry" you stick out your tongue.

"Child" Natasha snorts.

"Brat"

- - - -

Steve looks absolutely relaxed at the end of the couch, scrolling through his presentation.

    "And I believe that's it." He glances over at Tony who nods approvingly and pours himself another drink.

   "Thank goodness" Clint says pointedly "I thought you would never shut up."

   "You have something important to say, Barton?" Steve looks slightly bemused.

   Clint realizes everyone's eyes are on him, and deflates a little. His eyes dart toward you. You smile trying to be encouraging.

   "Uh, Nat. I- I love you" Clint sputters, his face changing color like a traffic light.

   "Ooo" Bucky and Sam coo appreciatively.

   Steve shoots them a glare and they stifle whispers.

   Clint directs his daze to Natasha "I would be.... ticked if you..."

   "Smooth, bro" Sam snickers.

   "Tickled" Bucky spits.

   Wanda waves her hand and muzzles both of them.

   You give her a nod of approval.

   "Date me please!" Clint blurts, trying to keep his nerve "I-I got you flowers, even"

   You're holding your breath, watching Natasha's reaction. Her face is red with restrained laughter. When she realizes everyone is waiting on her, she busts up laughing.

   Tony smirks into his glass and the rest of you stare at each other awkwardly.

   "Nat, he's waiting on your answer" you elbow her.

   Natasha gets to her feet, shakily and beckons for Clint.

   He closes the space between them hesitantly.

   She throws her arms around his neck "You're such a sap."

   Clint holds her awkwardly "Is that a yes?"

   Natasha presses her lips to his "You're a moron, Clint Barton."

   Steve grins at you across the room. You give him a thumbs up.

   "Okay" Sam declares "Everyone out!"

   You and Steve wait a moment.

   "You too, Mr and Ms. America!" Bucky jabs Steve in the ribs.

   "You're next, Buckaroo" Steve warns.

   "Not on your life, Precious!" The Winter Soldier protests, his expression horrified.

- - - -

   "So Nat made some calls and recruited Agent May to train me." You take Steve's hand, an walk the length of the terrace.

   Steve snorts "Are you gonna do it?"

   "Maybe, I really wasn't planning on joining the team."

   "May I ask why?" His forehead creases in concern.

   "I'm happy with my life as it is now. I don't mind holding down the fort while you fight bad guys." You laugh "Someone has to stay sane and normal."

   Steve shrugs "I'd complain, but you're right. It figures that you would have manipulation powers, though. You're always talking people into things. Should have seen it coming."

   "Nat wants my code name to be Siren." You lean into his shoulder "I'm almost sorry to refuse it."

    "Works for me" Steve strokes your hair.

A soft breeze blows across the terrace, and Steve pulls you to him.

   "I was thinking I should have helped Clint a little." You murmur.

   "He was alright" Steve motions inside to where Clint and Nat are completely oblivious to the world "He didn't need much
encouragement."

    His eyes drink you in. You are his, completely and willingly.

   "Mmmm" you tilt your face toward Steve's.

   "Neither do I" Steve whispers.