Chapter Five

-Mahiru's POV-

A few days had passed, then a week.

Lily still hadn't gone home, and nobody had found any trace of Misono, another girl in an older year had also gone missing, but was found a few days later. She said she couldn't remember any faces.

Kuro and I had grown relatively closer, considering the circumstances, and my uncle didn't let us leave the house by ourselves or without Lily. But we did anyway one night, a few days before that gir- Otogiri, had gone missing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"What're you even doing?" Kuro yawned.

"I'm fixing our alarm clock." Or at least, attempting to. I was surprisingly unskilled with a screwdriver.

"I'm hungry..... Can we go get food?" He was putting on his jacket.

"Well, Uncle said not to leave without Lily but, we'll only be a minute. Right?" I set the screwdriver onto the table and we left.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you wanna get, Kuro?" I turned to him, his pace was slowing.

"I don't know, ramen?" His eyes were wandering.

I chuckled. I should've known, he always wanted ramen.

We paused when we saw a five dollar note on the ground, Kuro leaned down to pick it up.

"We shouldn't take it!" I stopped him. He raised an eyebrow, quizzically.

"I-It might belong to somebody." My mom had always told me to wait and see if somebody would claim something that appeared to be lost, and as if on cue, we heard a voice behind us.

"Crap! That's mine! Hurry up, Angel-chan!"

I whipped around I saw a boy with blonde hair (dyed at the tips), glasses and a black scarf waving in the air behind him. He was dragging another kid with black hair (with a white streak) who was wearing a backpack with......... wings?

"Hyde?" Kuro knitted his eyebrows.
"Ah! Big brother!" The blonde boy, who I assumed was Hyde, smiled.

He bear-hugged Kuro, and the other kid stared at me.  A few introductions later, we were all walking back with ramen. From what I could tell, Hyde was a somewhat psychotic joker who liked Will Milkshake or whatever and Licht was a delusional kid who thought he was a literal angel.

"Hey, you guys wanna eat at the park? I know it's dark and stuff but there are streetlamps!" Hyde's grin somehow got bigger, Licht kicked him in the back of his knee, while Hyde whined about how much it hurt, a thought occured to me.

"I dont think it's a good idea, with the child abduc-" Kuro elbowed me and his eyes pierced through me, did I do something wrong?
"Huh? What?" Hyde looked back at me.

"Wild animals." Kuro snapped.

"Haha!You're so silly, big brother! But if you're scared of bunnies and stuff, we'll go our seperate ways from here."

-----------------------------------------------------------

-Kuro's POV-

Mahiru and I walked in silence, but then we heard a voice.

"Hi there~" I turned around and saw a kid, a little older than me with black hair and sunglasses. For whatever reason, I slightly pushed Mahiru behind me.

"What do you want?" I glared at him, he began laughing.

"Ahahahaha!............. Not interesting at all. Say, Brother. You haven't seen a girl with short hair and red eyes around here, have you?" He covered his mouth with his sleeve. Brother? What the hell was this kid talking about.