Another Day, I'm Back at School- Chapter 3

(Marinette POV)

 "Marinette!" I heard someone call.

"Nooo.. go away," I wave my hand towards the noise.

"Eep!" Tikki quickly dodged the attack. "Get up Marinette! You're going to be late for school!" My head shot straight up.

"WhAT!" I shrieked, falling off the bed in a tangle of bed sheets and covers."Great." With the covers wrapped around me tightly, I attempt to take a step forward. But of course, my clumsiness had other plans for me. "AhhGHH!" I face plant onto the floor as I trip on a hanging bed sheet.

"Oh, Marinette," Tikki sighs, shaking her head. She helps untangle the covers from my body, and I thank her and quickly rush into the bathroom.

**********

"Bye Maman, Papa!" I say, waving at my parents as I head out for school. I run all the way there, my speed from being Ladybug giving me a huge advantage. Finally, I run into my classroom just as the bell rings and collapse in my seat.

"Hey girl, why are you always so late?" Alya says, rolling her eyes.

"Uh- ah-" I stammer, not sure whether it was from making a random excuse or being out of breath. "I was helping parents in the bakery this morning!" I gave Alya a sheepish grin. Alya didn't look like she believed it at all, but decided not to push it further.

"Well, apparently we have a new project- and with partners too!"

I blush furiously, thinking of partnering up with Adrien. But you can imagine how that would turn out. "I think I'll just partner up with you, Alya," I say.

"Are you SURE?" she says, smirking. I was about to offer a comeback when the teacher started giving out announcements.

"I am sure you are all excited about your new assignments, but I have already assigned partners." she said. A collective groan could be heard throughout the class. "I've posted the pairs online. Please check the list and begin working with your partner." Hands trembling, I open the chrome app on my phone and scroll through the list. Please be with Alya, please be with Alya, please be with Alya-

Suddenly, the phone clattered onto the table, slipping from my limp hands. I blinked, stupidly looking at the name written next to mine.

Chloe Bourgeois.

*************

"WHAT?!" shrieked Chloe. "I DEMAND to work with my ADRIKINS!" huffing, she put down her $700 iPhone.

"They group decisions are final," our teacher started.

"Well, I think my FATHER would disagree with THAT." Suddenly, the teacher begun to look VERY scared.

"Chloe," Adrien speaks up. "We can work together on a different project."

"Humph! Fine! But ONLY because my Adrikins said so!" Chloe shoves Alya off her seat and sits next to me. I give Alya a sympathetic smile. The teacher sighs, and shoots Adrien a thankful look.

"Okay, now that you have found your partners begin working on the project."

"So I'm working with Ladybug, huh?" I whip my head around to see Chloe looking at her phone. Suddenly, my blood runs cold.

"Please don't tell anyone!" I plead.

"Why not?" She asks, raising an eyebrow

"If Hawkmoth found out my identity everyone I know would be in danger!"

"Hawk- WHO? " she retorts. I sigh.

"Nevermind," I said, dismissing the topic. "Just promise me you won't tell anyone!"

"Hmmmm... Fine," she agrees, and I sigh in relief.

"I guess we should get started."

"We? Don't you mean YOU?"

"Wha-" I stare, flabbergasted. "You're not helping?!"

"HA! As if  would do any of THAT work!" I growl, very much wanting to smack her in the head. That girl needs HELP.

*******

I climb up the stairs to my room, gazing lovingly at the Adrien posters in my room. "Marinette!" Tikki giggled.

"Huh? Oh, sorry Tikki," I said, snapping out of my daze and smiling to myself. If only Adrien returned my feelings...