Friends?- Chapter 4

(Marinette POV)

"Tikki what am I supposed to do about Chloe?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"What do you mean? Didn't she agree to not tell anyone?"

"Yeah, but," I started. "Do you really trust Chloe?" Tikki sighed, which I took as a sign of acceptance. Suddenly, my phone started to ring. 

"Hello?" I asked. Unknown number. Hmmm.

"Hiiii Marinette!" A shrill voice called. I froze, knowing that voice anywhere.

"Speak of the devil..." I mumbled quietly.

"SOOO like, I was wondering if you like, wanted like, to go to the mall with me?" Chloe asks. What? Since when was Chloe nice to me?

"OH! Um... sure I guess?" That came out more like a question.

"GREAT! My limo is coming to pick you up right now!"

"Ok sure... WAIT WHAT-"

"SEE YOU SOON!" and with that, she hung up. 

"Shopping? With CHLOE? This has to be a dream," I say shaking my head.

***************

Ding dong! The doorbell rang. "Coming!" I said, rushing down the stairs as I slipped on my pink flats. I flung open the door, and there stood Chloe. Her sunglasses were pulled down over her eyes, and two bodyguards awaited behind her next to a black limo. 

"Come on!" she said, and grabbed my arm, and maybe a little too forcefully, pulled me into the limo. I just listened to Chloe ramble on and on about what types of clothes she wanted to get, and I was really thankful when the mall came into view. "We're here!" I forced a grin as Chloe slung an arm across my shoulder. She's only doing this because I'm Ladybug. I sigh. Chloe just races past all the stores, and I give her a questionable glance.

"Hey, where are we going?" I ask.

"Only to the finest stores in Paris!" she exclaims. "You don't think that I'd buy anything from THESE trash dumps." Ouch. I get all the clothing I don't make from here. "Here we are!" she announces, sashaying into the store. My eyes widen to the size of saucers. Every inch of the wall is displayed with priceless pieces, displaying a large variety of fashion. Dresses, shoes, trench coats, scarves, hats- you name it- and every fabric I could recognize hung from racks. I can't afford anything from this store. I stare at the meager $30 I had saved up from my allowance. 

"What's wrong?" Chloe asks, surprising me.

"Sorry- it's just that I can't afford anything from this store!"

"Don't worry, it's on me."

"Wait- no! I couldn't!"

"You can and you will," she responds. "What was I gonna do with all my money anyway?" Her words shock me. The corners of my mouth pull up into a grin, and I give Chloe a real smile.

"Thanks."

******************

Chloe drops me home, shopping bags in hand. "Thank you so much!" I say, as I hang about 3 shopping bags on my arms.

"No prob. Bestie." Chloe's limo takes off. Bestie?! That was reserved for Alya! I laugh.

Well I guess it wouldn't be so bad to have two best friends would it?

And now Chloe was my friend!

How wrong I was.

Omygod guys, I am so sorry for not updating for like a week. But there has been so much homework this week, and last weekend I had things too. I'll write extra chapters this weekend to make up for it. Bug Out!