°Chapter 2°

~~~~~

An annoying tune woke you up the next morning. To some people it would be considered pretty, but after hearing it every morning for the last year, well, you got sick of it.

You sluggishly lifted you head off your pillow and looked at your phone that was sitting on your bedside table. You picked it up with your left hand as you right arm was supporting your weight.

Dismissing the alarm, you shut your phone off and put it back on the table to your right. You brushed some of your (H/L) (H/C) hair out of your face and back onto your head and slammed you body back into the mattress.

You were about to fall asleep when,

"(Y/N)!!!! It's 4 in the morning! Mr. Paul's gonna be here in a few minutes and pack the rest of your stuff!"

Your spine straightened as you jumped out of bed to get dressed and tame your hair.

"I'm up! I'm up!" You yelled back as you threw on a tank top and some leggings.

You brushed your hair and pulled it out of your face so it wouldn't bother you throughout the day.

Mr. Paul, was the head recruitment man for professional volleyball. Meaning he was in charge of who would be joining the national teams for volleyball, and in charge of managing other recruitment members.

You had been on the 'training team' as you thought if it. Many people would get to this level but very few would pass it. What it is, is that any player at this level could get recruited for national teams or get dropped. You train at a high level to prep you for it.

Every summer, men and women like Mr. Paul will come see players train and practice, choosing one or two to go on the national team.

It's a little hard to understand at first.

But you, have been on these teams for three years and now have finally been chosen to join the (C) woman's volleyball team and represent (C) in the 2020 Olympics as the teams Libero.

Woo lots of words, but it's all worth it.

"(Y/N)!!!!! Get Down Here! You Need To Sign The Contract!"

Oh ya that.

You ran down the stairs with your duffle bag hanging on your shoulder and into the dining room to see your mom, dad and Mr. Paul talking and signing papers.

"Ah, (Y/N), your here. We've already gone through the contract. All you need to do is sign here with your signature and full name here." He said while pointing at two different parts of the paper.

Your mom slid it down the table with a pen.

"Your stuff is already in the van, all you need to do is sign and will be off in the next hour." Mr. Paul continued.

You looked at the three on the other end of the table, then down at the printed sheet of paper.

Picking the paper up in you clammy hand, you moved it quickly on the line, making what looked somewhat like your first name and last initial then brought it to the other line, neatly writing your full name out. You slid the pen and paper back down the table.

Mr. Paul picked them both up, putting the paper in a folder and the pen in his suit pocket.

"Great, how about we eat something then head out. Okay?" He asked nicely to your family combing his tan hand through his dark brown hair.

Once he said eat, your dad was already in the kitchen pulling out ingredients needed for pancakes.

"Hmm, my favourite."

And the last meal you'd have from your parents for a long while.

~~~

Both your mom and dad wrapped their arms tightly around you with some tears falling out of their (E/C) eyes.

"Make us proud." Your dad said for your mom because she couldn't speak.

"I will."

You said, kissing their cheeks lightly before prancing into the large van, your (F/C) duffle bag hanging off your shoulder.

~~~

"The next Olympics will be taken place in Japan. So you will be learning the language with your studies and along with the rest of the team . We want you to at least understand what they are saying, weather you can speak it or not."

Mr. Paul turned down the volume so you could hear him.

"Ugh, I still have to do school work?!" You slouched in the car seat.

Mr. Paul laughed, "You're thirteen. You need to finish highschool, an Olympian or not."

"Ok I guess. Hey Paul?" Mr. Paul gave you somewhat of an amused look, "when does training start?"

Paul looked at you from the corner of his eye as her kept his hands on the wheel.

"Most of your team will be on vacation to take a few weeks off after just going through The Olympics in Brazil. Did you watch it?"

(Note: wether or not your country's female volleyball team made it to the Olympics or not doesn't matter. I do have to alter reality a bit for the story to work)

"Of course I watched it. They're idols to me. Shame that they lost in the semifinals though," you sighed looking at your phone that sat in your lap.

"Well we're hoping that with you on the team we can win next time." He smiled, looking at the highway in front of him.

You turned your upper body to face him, smiling as broad as you could.

Paul faced you for a second before turning away.

"Don't give me that look. It makes be want to squish you."

"Oh~ Paul as a soft spot for cute things? I would have never known." You swayed still looking at him.

"I don't have a soft spot I just want to squish you to obliteration," he said, his voice as monotone as ever.

"Meanie!"

~~~

Hour 3 of your drive to the training facility and your dorms, and you were passed out from waking up early.

Paul drove until he heard his phone ring. Using Bluetooth, he connected it to the phone and talked to the person on the other side if the line.

"Hello? This is Paul speaking."

"Paul!" Came two loud and perky voices, "it's Jen and Will!"

Paul sighed, turning the volume down slightly.

"I can tell. That you for that.. colourful, introduction."

"Oh Paul, you jokester" came the female voice of Jen.

"We called to see if your on your way. Oh and if you have the small teen or not."

Paul took a quick glance at you out of the corner of his eye.

"I have her here. She's asleep though. I'll be there in 40 minutes.  Did anyone else there?"

"No one yet. They do have a few days off still."

"Yes, yes, I know. But (Y/N) here won't have anyone to talk to besides us for the next few days."

"Paul, we know. Don't worry about it she'll be fine- *beep beep* oh hold on Paul. We're getting another call. See you soon!"

"Bye."

The call ended and you were still asleep.

How did she not wake up? Their voices are like nightmares!

~~~~~