Chapter 20

As they stood, gazing into each other's eyes, Corey's parents watched in silence.

Over the past few days of discovering those true feelings, their love has grown to unreachable strengths.

It might have taken them long to realise how much they truly admire one another, but it's finally here.

The good life comes with happiness, love, passion and affection. All of these things are vibrant and radiating between them.

This was special. They were getting used to each other and accepting that they want to try and make this a relationship that they'll never forget.

Their feelings were far too strong for them to deny it any longer.

The angel then couldn't take it anymore.

He stepped forwards, closing the gap in-between them. His heart was beating so fast and his mind wasn't even thinking.

He brought his face closer to Corey's and closed his eyes. This was something he had to feel.

It seems like he has waited his whole life to be this close with someone.

So without much hesitation, he delicately pressed his lips against his.

Corey's heart fluttered. His emotions were everywhere and he was filled with instant excitement.

He kissed back, feeling the smooth touch of Panuleon's lips pulling them closer together.

Corey felt the angels hands rest on the back of his neck as he tugged on his t-shirt. 

He was on his tiptoes which only made the kiss cuter.

His warmth, his comfort and his taste all sent shivers down Corey's spine as their kiss was pulled deeper.

Panuleon's wings shined and stretched high.
They usually do when he feels an overpowering emotion.

Something deep inside the human was changing, he couldn't understand what, but he didn't care.
All he wanted and needed was his angel.

Their heads were clustered as Corey wrapped his arms around him.

As they continued to kiss, A dim glow came from the centre of Corey's chest.

His parents watched in amazement. This was the first time they have seen Corey kiss anyone and they were extremely excited.

But why was his chest glowing?

Corey noticed a heavy feeling in his chest so regrettably, he pulled his head back.

They were breathing heavily as Panuleon kept his arms around his soulmates neck and stood up straight.

He looked down to his chest.

"What's happening?" Corey whispered, trying to get his thoughts out of the kiss they just shared.

"Your ageing process is changing" He breathed, also finding it hard to recover from the kiss.

The light got brighter as Panuleon had to look away.

Corey felt extremely different, almost like his insides were moving places. His brain felt like it was re-booting and his limbs felt tense.

After a few more seconds, the light vanished.
He stumbled back a couple of steps and felt himself return to normal.

"Are you alright?" Panuleon asked as he made sure nothing hurt.

"I'm fine. That felt weird" he said while his parents stood up.