Chapter 39

As soon as Monica was in the warehouse, she spotted her husband. She knew he was tied up and wouldn't be able to help.

One woman in a mask came running towards her but Monica was quick and jumped back, just in time to avoid her grip. She turned and picked up a dirty metal pipe from the ground. She didn't waste any time and with one blow to the head, the woman was knocked unconscious. Now was the time to think fast.

Everyone else stood at the door as they watched Monica edge forwards when the guy who had been sitting at the computer attempted to attack her. She got knocked to the floor by his forceful shove.

Samuel watched with worry. He knows she's a strong fighter, but he finds it hard to see her get injured in the process. Monica hit her shoulder pretty hard from the fall but she got up quickly to defend herself. The guy grabbed her. She was too quick and picked up the metal pipe. She smacked the guy in the chest and then in the head, knocking him out cold.

When there was no other threat, she ran towards Samuel and started to untie him from the radiator. The knots were complicated but luckily, she had a knife.A few long seconds went by until Samuel was free. He pulled his arms away and wrapped them around his wife.

"Are you hurt my darling?" He asked.

"Only my shoulder, but I'll be okay," She smiled. She was thankful he wasn't injured.

"Alright, you go and get Corey, I'll get Panuleon."

Samuel and Monica turned towards the two rooms.

"He's in that one." Samuel pointed towards the left door. He quickly kissed Monica's head and ran towards the opposite room. 

Corey's head was starting to hurt from the endless hours of crying miserably to himself. He was cold, tired and heartbroken. He could feel Panuleon, but he knew he was in just as much distress. He needed him here.

A sudden burst of sorrow flashed through his chest. He knew his angel was feeling the exact same way. More tears slipped down the tracks of the ones that had dried up on his cheek.

When will this end? 

But SUDDENLY, 

the door burst open and Monica stormed in.

She searched the room and ran straight over to the guys on the computer. Before they had a chance to defend themselves, she didn't even give them an opportunity to fight back.

Corey's eyes shined glimpses of hope while he watched the familiar figure fight the enemy. He managed to prop himself up onto his elbows as he watched Monica knock out both guys. When he eventually got up and onto his knees, she came over to help.

"Corey, it's okay, You're going to be okay. Samuel is getting Panuleon."

Panuleon watched in surprise when the door to his room was suddenly kicked open. The two people who were sitting at the computer didn't stand a chance as Samuel charged forwards and hit them with the plank of wood he had found outside the door.

A few moments later, they were both unconscious. The boys had to be together as soon as possible. There was no room for error.

Samuel dropped the wood and ran to his son's side.

"N-Not me, you have to rescue Corey," Panuleon breathed and tried sitting up.

"Monica is helping him. Stay still." Samuel started pulling away at the metal band around his son's waist. He had to get his strengths back.

"Please t-tell me he's okay. He h-has to be okay." 

Samuel was feeling more desperate to get them back together. He couldn't stand to see his son in so much pain.