Chapter 52

Corey could feel the pain of the power deepening into his bones and taking over his mind. As soon as he looked away from Panuleon, it took over him completely. The world was white as everything around him disappeared.

Only seconds went by until he could see again.
But he wasn't himself. He looked around to see his parents looking at him with so much worry in their eyes. Panuleon was trying to get his attention, but even that wasn't working.

Corey stood up and looked blankly around the living-room. It was such a familiar room to him but yet, it felt so strange.

"I need to say something," He said, but inside his mind, he frowned. Why did he say that? What does he need to say?

Panuleon was standing in front of him now. Corey, who was trapped inside his own head couldn't hear his words. All he could hear was the high pitched noise of silence.

Ignoring Panuleon, he turned and walked towards the kitchen. For some reason, he had an overpowering feeling to be outside. He didn't stop walking until he reached the door to the garden. It was dark outside and the rain was hammering down hard.

As he tried to open the door, Panuleon took his hands in an attempt to snap him out of this trance.

"Corey, you need to be strong. I'm not sure how to help you. If you can hear me, please fight this." Panuleon stared at Corey's emotionless face. He has never come across anything like this. He knew it was a mistake to let him reach for something they both knew was strange and dangerous. He was worried that he wouldn't be able to find his way out.

Corey couldn't hear what he was saying, but he could lip read some of it. Be strong? Help you? Fight? For some reason, he ignored what he was trying to tell him and continued to open the door.
He was now stronger than Panuleon so it was easy to push him aside.

As much as that hurt Corey, he somehow didn't care.

The air was freezing as the rain crashed down incredibly loud. It instantly soaked Corey while he walked down the grass and stood in the middle of his garden. Panuleon followed him outside and watched. He felt helpless, but that didn't mean he would leave him to handle this by himself. He will stay by his side no matter what.

Corey looked around like this was unfamiliar grounds. For a long second, he stared at his angel.
It was like his body was trying to figure out why it felt so normal for him to be right there. Panuleon looked hopeful until Corey proceeded to ignore him once again.

He closed his eyes and held his hands out in front of him. Why was he doing that? He then looked up and into the stormy sky. The rain was hitting his face and his body grew numb from the cold. But he couldn't feel it anyway, he couldn't feel anything anymore.

Panuleon looked back at the house to see Richard and Samantha watching eagerly from the backdoor. His mum looked sick with worry. He returned his attention to Corey and tried again to pull him out.

"Corey, what is happening in there? Give me a sign that you can hear me." Panuleon moved some wet hair out of his eyes.

But still, there was no response.

Inside Corey's head, he was screaming. Why will his body not listen to him? Why is his mind making its own decisions? How can he comfort Panuleon and tell him he's still here and that he's still fighting?

As his body continued to look into the sky, the world around him faded again, landing itself in a creamy glow.

He looked around, seeing nothing but white until a figure came into view. He then grew slightly fearful.

"Who are you? Where am I?" He said quickly, fearing what he could not explain. What is happening?

Panuleon frowned. Corey was still staring at the sky with his hands held out in front of him.