Chapter 33

The sky was getting darker as the sun was setting fast. The day went by extremely slow for Corey and Panuleon, they were eagerly waiting to meet with Monica.

"Are you enjoying yourself over there?" Corey asked, making Panuleon look up.

The angel was trying to do a jigsaw. He has seen them in shop windows and has always wondered what they were. He was rather excited when he spotted one in Corey's room and wanted to complete it immediately, but it was hard.

He smiled at his soulmate before returning his concentration to the puzzle.

Corey chuckled quietly to himself. It's interesting how the small things in his everyday life can be so intriguing to an angel.

He, on the other hand, was testing Panuleon's skills. Having an angel in his life is something he's still getting used to. He is still getting used to his superhuman strength, his ability to sense things and his wisdom.

Panuleon is incredibly wise and level headed, the amount of knowledge he has stacked in his thoughts is incredible. But here he is, excited to complete a jigsaw.

Corey looked at his clock that was sitting on his bedside table; It read half nine. It wasn't long until their meeting with Monica.

He watched Panuleon for a few seconds longer before throwing a tennis ball at him. Without looking up, Panuleon caught it effortlessly in one hand. He threw it back and just like every other attempt, Corey dropped it.

Panuleon smiled.

"Your hand-eye coordination needs a little bit of work," He chuckled as Corey laid back on his bed.

"I gave up hope on that years ago," He smiled, remembering how frustrated his dad would get when he couldn't catch a ball. But he learned that it was just something Corey was bad at and eventually, he stopped trying.

About fifteen minutes past until Panuleon finished the jigsaw. He looked at it, proud of his efforts. He glanced at Corey who was smiling gently to himself. One thing Panuleon loves about him is his happiness. He is an extremely positive person.

Corey caught Panuleon staring at him and it instantly brought blush to the angel's cheeks as he stood up.

He walked over to his soulmate and slowly lowered himself on top of him. He rested his head against Corey's chest. He felt incredibly grateful for the love he shares with such a wonderful person.

Corey traced his hands up Panuleon's back, smiling wider to himself.

It wasn't that long ago when the angel had first entered this house on a search of somewhere safe to stay. He never imagined this would happen. But it did. And they are both thriving from their new found love for one another.

Sometimes, it doesn't feel real by how quick it all happened. The excitement kicks in, when in fact, it is very real.

Panuleon then shifted his weight higher so his face was level with Corey's. They didn't need to say anything, comfort spoke for them. He could see the gold mixing with the blue in his eyes. He noticed that more gold appears when Corey shows his affectionate side. Which is mainly all the time.

They've gotten somewhat used to showing their feelings for one another. It's still hard to keep the gentle heat from rising on their cheeks.

Corey's gaze shifted down to Panuleon's lips when he felt his breath against his skin. The angel leaned closer to his face until he felt their lips brush across each other.

Just then, the door clicked open.

They both quickly turned their heads to see Jenny. She instantly looked embarrassed for interrupting them.