Memories

Beep. Beep. Beep.
Jac woke to the sound of her alarm. 5:30. One of the few downsides to her job, but she didn't mind. She turned over to wake Zosia and realised that the younger woman wasn't there, "ZOSIA?" Jac called out. No reply. The redhead got out of bed and straightened out her pyjamas before running down the stairs to the kitchen where she saw, or rather, heard Zosia sobbing behind the counter. "Zosh, Zosia?" Jac whispered as she sat down beside the brunette. Jac stopped and thought through all the reasons why Zosia could be so upset, then it clicked. 3 months since they got together. Which also meant, 3 months since Arthur's death. "Oh Zosh , it's okay! He would want you to be happy, and whatever you say it wasn't your fault. Please don't beat yourself up about it." Jac reassured Zosia as much as possible.
"I'm so sorry Jac," Zosia stuttered through her tears, "I'm ruining our 3 month anniversary."
"No, no you're not! It doesn't matter. I know how much Arthur meant to you and I know how much it hurts." The redhead stated as she pulled Zosia impossibly close to her in an effort to calm her, "Shh, shh. You don't have to come into work today, I won't either and we can stay here together, okay?"
"Thank you" Zosia mumbled, her tears where slowing and she felt so much better in Jac's company.
"I suppose you'll want some breakfast now as well" Jac asked mock accusingly. Zosia managed a small laugh and nodded her head.

                                •••

Jac finnished clearing away the pots she'd used to cook breakfast, she'd already rang in to say her and Zosia weren't coming in that day and surprisingly Henrick had been pretty laid back about it.
Zosia came down the stairs, fresh from the shower and sat down on their sofa. Jac sat beside her and turned on the TV. The consultant wrapped her arms around the other woman, who leant in and rested her head on her shoulder. They sat like that for a while, jut enjoying each other's company. Eventually Zosia spoke, "I want to go into work tomorrow."
"Are you sure, I mean it's a hard time for you," Jac questioned.
"Yes I'm sure, I'll be fine, seriously you need to stop fussing!" Zosia retorted, she knew Jac was just worried but she could tell that if the consultant pushed it any further she'd completely loose it.
"Please Zosia, just consider it? I don't want anything to happen!"Jac pushed it, she knew it was dangerous to question the brunette so much but she really wasn't too sure about Zosia working again so soon.
"NO JAC I WONT CONSIDER IT! I can make my own decisions, I don't need you to question them so much either! Just give me some space!" And with that she got up of the sofa, and ran out the front door.