<h0neyp0t08.rar>

<Three weeks before the hack> 

  root@gideon: /usr/local/share/honeyd 

root@gideon:~#cd /usr/local/share/honeyd

root@gideon:/usr/local/share/honeyd#  nano hackalsfe.conf

create hackallsafe

                      set hackalsfe uptime 84740

                      set hackalsfe maxfds 35

                     add hackalsfe tcp port 21 open

                     add hackalsfe tcp port 80 open

set hackalsfe ethernet "00:00:00:00:01:02"

bind 192.168.204.149 hackalsfe

Gideon Goddard glares at the screen again. He sighs; furrows his brows. He's not sure if this is the most effective way he can catch the hacker, but it's the only option he has, for now. 

After his company's servers were crushed after last week's hack, Gideon is unsure whether his company can survive the fall. 

"Gideon. We owe E Corp money. You know that after the Anonymous hack they've done nothing but lose money." 

Those were the exact words of the head of finance. She had been working for him for years, since he started AllSafe, but now Gideon feels like any conversation with her is a burden.

Two hacks within the span of four months. 

Now the only option he has left is to find the hacker by creating a honeypot. That's his only chance at not losing his entire company. 

***

<PRESENT DAY>

I hear the doorbell ring, but I'm not expecting anyone. 

I open the door to find Dawn outside my apartment. Her clothes and her hair are soaking. She's shivering. 

"Dawn-" 

"I'm so sorry for coming without notice. Fuck, it's pouring outside," she says, welcoming herself to my apartment. I stare blankly, caught off-guard. I grab her wet coat off her shoulders, throwing it on a chair to let it dry.

"Dawn," I say, meeting her gaze for the first time. She's on the couch, her eyes focused on me. 

"Yeah?" she asks, a wave of relief on her face. She must be surprised I even spoke. 

"We need to talk," I say. I take a seat directly in front of her on my coffee table. Her eyes shine at me, her wet blonde hair all over her face. 

"I'm here," she says, shifting closer to me in her seat. Shit. I have really missed her. 

These past weeks I had completely forgotten how safe she makes me feel. 

"You need to ask her what happened," Mr Robot suddenly says, his appearance making me jump. 

Dawn knows about Mr Robot.

Darlene told her. She wasn't supposed to, but she did. 

"What happened to Evil Corp?" I ask, my voice croaky. I think I'm getting sick. I must have gotten sick on the Wonder Wheel. 

"They're having the worst crisis ever," Dawn replies tilting her head to the side, "but so far, nothing's been public. The only thing is... Tyrell Wellick is missing."