<1mpr1s0ned11.vbs>

I never thought it would end like this. In an interrogation room- with a cop in front of me. There's blood on my suit. But what scares me the most is that the blood is Dawn's.

I'm crumbling internally. This is going to wreck me. I remember Dawn's face of sheer horror as she realised her wound on her shoulder.

I need to see her. She has to be alive. I can't lose her, not now. I need her more than ever.

I love her. She's the only person that was there when I was collapsing.

"We are interrogating any witnesses. What's your view of the scene?" the cop asks, leaning forwards in his seat. He's trying to act tough. But that's only a facade.

"I don't wanna talk about this," I say, looking the other way.

"That's not good enough. We need every witness' report."

"My girlfriend was shot. Right in front of me," I make an involuntary choking sound. "That's the only thing that matters."

The cop lets out a sigh before getting up from his seat. He leaves the room without saying a word. But the only thing I want right now is to know Dawn is okay.

I can't call anyone because they have my phone. They have everything; even my house keys. I can't believe this even happened. What if Dawn is dead?

Soft sobs escape my lips. I'm coming to the point of collapse.I feel so lonely. No sign of Mr Robot either.

The door opens a few minutes later. The cop has a file in his hand. He sits down again, but this time a smug smile on his face.

"Is your name Elliot Alderson?" he asks, clicking his tongue. I don't like this.

Is this how it all ends? Being found responsible for the Five/Nine hack by some unshaven cop with a coffee stain on his uniform?

I nod as an answer.

Shit. I should have never done this. I should have never gone to that conference with Dawn.

"Mr Alderson, you've been under investigation by an officer about a stolen dog."

I blink in disbelief. Is this a delusion?

"Dog?" I stammer. Shit. I suddenly remember. Flipper.

A few months ago after finding Michael Hansen's files, I traced him. I went to the restaurant he went with Krista that night. I followed his cab until I found his flat. I remember walking up to him and telling him that I had enough evidence of him hiring underage escorts to hand him in to the police.

I asked him for a favour. To never mention this conversation to anyone. And I told him that if he didn't tell Krista the truth, I'd go after him. I took Flipper home. But this was while I was still on morphine so I didn't know what I was doing.

They must have tracked down Flipper's chip.

I know Krista wasn't the one who handed me in. It was Michael Hansen.

***

I've been stripped of all of my contacts. My phone, my right to leave this cell and the right to talk to someone. I should have never played God. I should have listened to Mr Robot.

I don't know if I'll survive the three month sentence here. People are everywhere; and not the good kind. If only I could hack them to see what their real vulnerabilities are.

I wouldn't feel so weak then.

I stare blankly at the ceiling of my cell. I've been here for 24 hours.