<lib3r4ted19.msl>

I wish I could say this were a dream, but it isn't.

"I cannot believe my eyes, man!" Fernando Vera exclaims, a wide grin on his face. He looks like shit, probably from lack of sleep and from drug abuse. He's probably back to doing cocaine. I suddenly remember he murdered Shayla that night and left her in the tub.

"You was never one for words. You as speechless as me. I should be thanking you, Elliot! I knew you was the motherfucker that broke me out." He's not sensing my lack of excitement. I stare at him with wide eyes. Shit. Is this another delusion? Fernando laughs. "You thought I wouldn't find out, bro. I know you handed me in."

Before I can say anything, Fernando's fist connects to my jaw. Shit. What have I done?

The suppressed memory of Ray's team beating me on the field returns to my mind.

"That whore Shayla meant too much to you, did she? Sadly the game she played; she played with everyone," Fernando says, snickering as he grabs onto me. He's lying. I know he's fucking with me.

I throw a fist at him, hitting his jaw. I didn't even have control over the action. It just happened. Fernando doesn't even stagger. His lips form a straight line. All of a sudden, Fernando bursts into a laugh again.

"Don't worry, bro. I ain't mad at you. If anything, I should be saying thank you. The universe squared and brought me once again to you. It's been eight months, bro," he has a wide grin on his face. What have I done?

My head is throbbing. I can feel the pain come back in. I'm remembering Shayla. I'm remembering what happened eight months ago. I tilt my head to the side.

I'm gone. I'm Mr Robot now.

"I've sent you to fucking prison once, buddy. I can do it again," Mr Robot says, his voice resonating inside me. Fernando's smile fades, but I make sure I've crossed the road before he could follow me.

Shit. What am I doing? How did I suddenly vision myself as Mr Robot?

The thought of Shayla comes back. I miss her. I can't live in the past. I shake my head, making my way towards Coney Island now. I need to block the memory out of my mind again.

My hands shake from the cold but also the lack of control I have over my body. Shit. This had never happened to me before. My phone buzzes as I approach the amusement park, my teeth chattering from the cold wind. I hate the cold.

Dawn texted me. She's asking me where I am. Fuck.

What do I say to her, friend? I know you can hear me. It's been a while since I asked you for help. The silent observer; always watching. I wish I could be like you, friend.

My eyes focus on a shadow in front of me. It's walking towards me. I lower my gaze to avoid contact. A few steps later, the figure becomes clearer. It's a man in a suit.

I can't believe my eyes. Please tell me you're seeing this too.

"Elliot!" Tyrell exclaims, a wide grin on his face. I'm frozen. I can't move. Is this real?

Tyrell is standing right in front of me now as I stare at him. He's real. This isn't a delusion. I never shot him. Wait, did I shoot him?

"I know this can be quite... Alarming. But I've gone to extreme lengths to be here. You know how the situation is," Tyrell says with a tight smile.

Shit. I haven't said anything yet.

"But, when you have the whole world tracking you down, there's no other option."

"Why are they tracking you down?" I ask, unaware of this. Shit. Is that why he disappeared?

"Strange thought, isn't it. An Evil Corp employee wanting to crush his company so hard he did it from his own desk," Tyrell snickers. He wipes his suit with his hand. "I've been hiding. You know that- everyone knows that. Because they're looking for me. You made them look for me. "