V. Flirts In Raven

DAMAGED PIECES:

Daddies don't just love their children now and then. Its a love without end, amen.

- George Strait
___________________________________

Sasuke had made up his mind after the last incident with Sarada's on-and-off nanny. Basically, Ino.
Just how does your bra conveniently 'suddenly' pop while simply sitting before your ex-boyfriend for orange juice? Juice that suspiciously smells of alcohol.

He couldn't be sure with other women either so, he decided to observe the new option he had in mind for taking care of Sarada in his absence. For a fee, of course.
So he set out with Naruto to a certain ramen shop where worked a certain pinkette he had business with.

"You say it."
"No, you go."
"No, you."
"Don't be a wuss."
"Tch. Like I could ever. I just don't like the unnecessary attention."
"I have a girlfriend."
"Damn it"
"Okay look, no woman can resist your Uchiha charm. Put that on and you are gold."

Sasuke sighed. Naruto wasn't praising him or boosting his confidence. Sasuke didn't need that. He was actually helping the guy do the act that was needed to get Sakura on their good side so she'd agree to watch Sarada. Even if it was for a lesser pay.
Sasuke didn't like the idea in the least.
"What's the point of bringing in this girl if I am just going to pretend to like her? She is going to be just like the rest of 'em then. What's the difference?", complained the gorgeous Uchiha.

"Difference being this one is not a crazy ex-girlfriend desperate to get in your pants.", his best friend explained logically.

"There's that," he sighed and got up to meet the female at the counter.

He could just directly ask her, he considered. But then how would he find out if she was fit to watch his young daughter? And with women, how can anyone tell at all?

So, he carefully approached the counter, thinking about how he would phrase his words.

"Hey", he began.
"Oh, hi. Can I get you something more?", she asked.
"Ahh.. uumm.. your company?", Sasuke awkwardly tried.
Sakura looked up in utter confusion.
"What?"
"You heard me.. woman. Give me your company."
Sasuke felt completely idiotic doing this. He has definitely lost his mojo from high school - a time when he was smooth with the ladies.

Naruto facepalmed from the table. "What the fuck are you doing, Sasuke?", he muttered to himself.
He quickly got up to control the situation when Sakura's confusion turned into laughter.

Sasuke turned to glare at his friend. This was a terrible idea.

"Stop laughing.", he ordered her.
"B-but you actually!!!", she pointed at the annoyed and now, quite embarassed Uchiha.
"Oi, quit it."

She seemed to bring herself in control seeing his embarassement.
"Sorry, sorry.. its just .. what were you doing?"

Sasuke rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"Ahh.. I..", he sighed and composed himself. This plan was a failure for sure. He'd rather just be himself. He quite gladly gave up the act. "I needed a babysitter for Sarada. You seem to like her. But I can't offer too much money. So, I thought uuhh..I mean, that Naruto suggested..uuhh.."

Sakura didn't laugh at that. In fact, her heartbeat had accelerated. This was her chance to be close to her daughter. To know her without revealing her identity. She wanted to leap over the counter and hug the man for that. But, she needed to be lowkey about this. Raising suspicions was not a good idea. She could also do a DNA test now, to confirm what her heart already knew.