Epilogue 🎀

This final part is dedicated to swagsuke. You have stuck with every story I've written and encouraged me. Thank you :)

This doesn't mean I'm forgetting all you other folks. I love ALL of you! Read on :D
___________________________________________

Damaged Pieces : EPILOGUE

Then Day reaches out and touches my hand with his. He encloses it in a handshake. And just like that, I am linked with him again, I feel the pulse of our bond and history and love through our hands, like a wave of magic, the return of a long-lost friend. Of something meant to be. The feeling brings tears to my eyes. Perhaps we can take a step forward together.

Marie Lu, Champion
_________________________________________

As soon as lights flooded the hall, its grandeur struck the eye with mesmerism. Flowers in combinations of tinctures unseen bathed the place in the romantic notion of love. What not in decorations - chandeliers and candles, fountains and ice statues -  the dream wedding was set in place.

And Uchiha Sasuke scorned it.

"Mother, was all this really necessary?"

The dark haired woman clasped her hands in glee. "Well, of course! My son is getting married!"

"Yes but, its only a wedding," Sasuke argued.

"Only a wedding? Sasuke Mikoto Uchiha, have I taught you nothing?"

"Mom, Sakura doesn't want a grand wedding is all I mean," he quickly corrected.

"Nonsense! Everyone likes a grand wedding."

Sasuke sighed and rubbed his temples out of frustration. When his mother had offered to take over the wedding preparations, he had been fervidly against it. But, Sakura - poor, innocent, blissfully unaware of the 'plannerzilla hiding beneath Mikoto Uchiha's sweet smile' Sakura - convinced Sasuke into agreement. How did that even happen again?

This extravagant wedding hall, trademark of the Uchiha clan was not something his wife-to-be had wanted. She'd made that pretty clear. Now, he had to go through either telling his mother to make necessary alterations and keep it simple or to convince Sakura to have a grand wedding - both of which were painfully ear biting tasks with a rather high rate of failure.

"Sakura did tell you she wanted it simple, right?"

"This is simple, Sasu-cakes," Mikoto spoke as if she meant it.

"Mom," groaned her younger son, "I am too old to be called that. Stop it."

"Oh, but you will always be my little boy, honey." The woman pulled on Sasuke's non-existent cheek fat.

"You're not helping, mother."

Mikoto grinned. Her sight flowed over all the preparations and her chin raised in pride at her work.

"My son is getting married," she said in wonder.

"Mom, you've known that for over a year."

"Yes but, its another thing entirely to stand here with you, Sasuke. I mean, you and Sakura actually made it to the altar. I wish your father was here to see this," Mikoto's voice took on a wistful note.

"Is that the card you used on Itachi to get him to agree to his huge wedding?"

"Am I that easy to read?"

"Yeah."

Mikoto cleared her throat. "Well, if you must know, yes. But, I do wish your father could see how you both have done him proud."